Ten News Centralisation 2020

Sandra Sully appropriately dressed in black tonight.

22 Likes

Theyā€™re currently not. Both Networks have commenced cutbacks in all newsrooms.
And I can see more eventuating in the future.

2 Likes

Surely a better approach would be reducing the local bulletins to 30 minutes and then having an hour long national bulletin at 5.30?

This approach will be a logistical nightmare.

How sad when those living in WIN areas get more local news than their metro counterparts.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure whether Iā€™d agree with this - I think this is the manifestation of Ten being stationary, while the market moves around them. 5pm was a point of difference, it was before everyone but with the advent of rolling news and the likes of Seven and Nine now having a bulletin before 5, Tenā€™s gone from occupying a unique space to being sandwiched between news offerings.

As someone (I think it was TVHead) raised the other day - Ten have done little to no promotion of their news offerings for sometime now - which is just absurd, unless this has been the plan for a whileā€¦

I wouldnt be surprised if Ten fold this back further and have a single national bulletin

Thats a good question - although given they have larger news outputs, itā€™s not surprising they have larger newsrooms.

12 Likes

What news Channel 5 in the UK has, which is half hour national bulletins at 5:00pm and 6:30pm, and one lunchtime news break and two evening news breaks, is all outsourced to ITN. The morning 2 hour talk show Jeremy Vine is also outsourced to ITN.

I wonder if that is the future for Ten in a year or two - outsourced news with just a national bulletin.

2 Likes

Looks like all that is old is new again :joy:

5 Likes

I liked the look of Sky news on 10. However the Ten logo is quite old. How about we can change the 10 logo on it. That would be a fresh look. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Stephen Quartermain not on tonight, did he have holidays planned? Or has he not gone on air in protest of his mate Mike?

1 Like

All the idiots on news Corp comments think this is some left wing conspiracy and that 10 is suffering because itā€™s a left wing network and that they should axe the project. Completely and utterly clueless.

10 Likes

Well, hereā€™s a second story on the same subject for you to enjoy. :wink: I predict at least three more by the end of the week. :stuck_out_tongue:

Moments Kerri-Anne crossed the line:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/kerrianne-kennerleys-most-controversial-moments-on-studio-10/news-story/0004ebb7ab6d85395846a2ffe184a14b

Stephen was away last night too

KAK only signed a new contract at the end of March. How quickly the tide turns.

Perhaps Narelda Jacobs doing the weekend Perth bulletin has been a test run for the weekday gig.

Side note, Amanda Jason presenting weather in Sydney. No Tim Bailey.

2 Likes

Tim Bailey MIA from weather on the Sydney bulletin tonight. He was there last night. Amanda Jason presenting in his place. She is also dressed in black. I wonder if Matt Burke has a black suit?

8 Likes

If they do actually record a live bulletin for WA, it is a no brainer to bring back Narelda. But man, what a blow it is for Monika.

4 Likes

New #savetarsh she is such a great talent they need to keep her. Nz has a single national bulletin on both major networks and yes I understand itā€™s a small population but it makes sense business wise.

2 Likes

But sadly they didnā€™t.

Mike Larkin mentioned at the start of his ā€œcrossā€ about today being a bit of a challenge.

Good on him for powering through though.

23 Likes

Apologies if Iā€™ve missed something (as itā€™s been a very fast moving thread!), but do we know if there will be pre-recorded windows of local news (say maybe 1 block) plus sport for QLD and SA (and maybe WA as well) whilst the rest might be common to each bulletin?

I canā€™t imagine how Mike must feel. Heā€™s been presenting Melbourne weather for 24 years.
Even Tim Bailey has done 24 years as weather presenter in Sydney.

It really is such a massive loss for the entire network for all presenting staff.

There has been conflicting articles about this. Itā€™s up in the air for now.

8 Likes

Mike will be missed , itā€™s a sad day for many at 10 today.

12 Likes