Ten News and Current Affairs

Brilliant - thanks!

2 Likes

And if you go a little further into that video around the 11:30 mark, rare footage of Trisha Goddard (best known for Play School) anchoring The 7.30 Report.

1 Like

I’m aware 10 News in Melbourne was winning in the ratings at the time but how was 10 Sydney going in comparison?

1 Like

I believe they were a strong second after winning the ratings in 84. Dropped down from 85 to second. Swapped the anchors around in a bid to topple 9 but never got there outside the odd survey win.

Keen to see the video of how the Liebmann/Johnston combo went.

1 Like

Did they present together at one stage?

1 Like

was a comment to the above thread caps mate

1 Like

ATV0 Melbourne’s News at Six from what I can presume to be on December 30th 1978.

A lot of great finds from Paul Lang’s YouTube channel!

5 Likes

Good Morning Australia from 1988:

4 Likes

Page One promo:

Sydney update:

Sydney promo:

2 Likes

End of a 1993 Sydney update with John Gatfield:

Hinch promo:

3 Likes

That HINCH logo was so cool and beautifully animated. It would hold up today.

I’d love to know who did all their presentation animation during that specific era.

2 Likes

No idea but IIRC, creative agency Song Zu (then led by former 70s rocker Les Gock) designed the logo and station ID, so they might have done other elements as well. Gock also composed the Ten News theme in the 1990s that I guess we still hear in later versions today.

4 Likes

4 July 1993 update with Kristin Devitt:

Meet The Press with John Howard:

6 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Thank you for uploading these treasures! It’s like stepping back in time. Tim and Ann are really great too! Love to see some more David and Jo from Melbourne too one day…

Really appreciated and I love your Youtube channel.

2 Likes

Ten Second Edition News broadcast on NRTV (includes a rare station ID).

YouTube: steve rutherford

5 Likes

Love the very informal weather report at the end.

3 Likes

same as its then sister station, Vision TV in QLD:

YouTube: HuggiesTV

4 Likes

From September 2005:

3 Likes