Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Who cares if the talk goes. It’s a nothing show. Pure filler. At least it’s replaced with Australian content. Why any one would bemoan the loss of an American talk show is beyond me

8 Likes

Really? I would have thought that an extended studio Ten would be celebrated over the loss of a US panel show import.

7 Likes

The extension of Studio 10 is something that probably should’ve been done three years ago!

I don’t think the loss of “The Talk” will be a massive loss to Ten’s daytime lineup when that show is just a lame rip-off of “The View” anyway.

9 Likes

What’s to say it won’t be shifted to another timeslot or even to Eleven.

But I’d have to agree with other comments that it’s far better to have a local product that’s obviously providing a cash flow rather than a lame import that has few viewers.

7 Likes

More branded content coming for Ten.

New Flight Centre TV show
FLIGHT Centre is set to generate new content highlighting the benefits of using a travel agent, with a new Network Ten show to be broadcast from next month. “We are very pleased to announce that we have secured distribution on Network Ten free-to-air and streaming networks, and will hopefully expand into new territories such as New Zealand, the UK, Canada & South Africa in the future,” he said. “It is a very exciting opportunity to showcase the most exciting destinations in the world in a fun and engaging format, with our knowledgeable team sharing valuable insights,” Wright added.

Source: Travel Daily

2 Likes

The show will be called The 48 Hour Destination and premiere on Sunday August 27, according to Flight Centre press release.

FLIGHT CENTRE TV SHOW CLEARED FOR TAKE-OFF

A new television travel show produced by Flight Centre has been cleared for take-off.

The show is to be featured on Network Ten from August, THE 48 HOUR DESTINATION will take viewers to the hottest locations in the world, backed by the expert advice of the people of the leading global travel retailer.

General Manager of Customer Experience for Flight Centre Travel Group, Darren Wright, said the program would consist of 13, half-hour episodes highlighting the knowledge and passion for travel through the eyes of the company’s consultants.

“THE 48 HOUR DESTINATION is a thirteen part travel series featuring Greer Gardiner, a Flight Centre travel consultant who is going to experience the best destinations around the world,’’ Mr Wright said.

“But here’s the catch, she’s only given herself 48 hours to experience everything she can. With the help of a local Flight Centre consultant she’ll be in good hands to have an experience of a lifetime,’’ he said.

Mr Wright said the television series was a first for the Flight Centre group.

“We are very pleased to announce that we have secured distribution on Network Ten free to air and streaming networks and will hopefully expand into new territories such as the New Zealand, UK, Canada and South Africa in the future.

“It is a very exciting opportunity to showcase the most exciting destinations in the world in a fun and engaging format, with our knowledgeable team sharing valuable insights,’’ he said.

The show has been created and produced internally by Head of Creative Luke Wheatley and will feature destinations that the Flight Centre Group operates in including Queenstown, New York, Cape Town, Vancouver, Auckland, Japan, Darwin, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Dubai, Phuket, London and San Francisco.

THE 48 HOUR DESTINATION will start in Australia on August 27.

1 Like

Not according to David at tvtonight. I assume cast and crew won’t work the extra hour for free.

I think the problem is without the content deals, they don’t actually have anything else to replace The Talk.

One wonders what will happen with Dr Phil and Judge Judy?

But in addition to regular advertising as seen on The Talk there is income from advertorials, and if it turns out that there are more watching, the advertising rates can be higher.

Not really. Sharpen the axe.

Now you’ll really piss people off :slight_smile:

I don’t think people seriously want Studio 10 running all day 8:30am-4pm with a morning/afternoon shift lol

:joy: Yeah, right.

Well @Sifon is right, about pissing people off, if those shows get the chop.

Well, anytime a show gets axed people are going to be miffed. How many are we talking about though? Not many I’d say, in the whole scheme of things.

1 Like

Judge Judy rates so would probably stay. But overall who cares if these shitty American shows disappear.

3 Likes

I must admit, I’m a massive fan of DR Phil, when ever I’m off work it comes on

Do you need that much help? :worried: There are better things to do. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Bold & The Beautiful too, probably. If Ten got rid of that show, the switchboard would probably crash from the number of people ringing in to complain! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In any case, I never watch any of Ten’s 12pm-5pm lineup so couldn’t really care less about what happens to it.

Please don’t axe Judge Judy. She is my idol. I record her every day.

3 Likes

Ten made a lifetime agreement for B&B… it won’t go anywhere until it is axed (if that ever happens).

3 Likes

Bold and beautiful isn’t even part of the CBS distribution deal.