Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

The whole series is just 6 episodes

1 Like

10’s classification for Thursday’s scheduled premiere at 8:40pm is “M” with “Some Coarse Language” and “Sexual References”. This classification can air at 7:30pm unedited since the end of 2015. So they won’t need further editing.

1 Like

Putting the Bridge on is a pretty good idea. Considering it was originally meant to be exclusive to P+

1 Like

Was 10 only going to show episode 1 originally?

1 Like

It was scheduled for Thursdays

4 Likes

Odd they’d end Thursday with ep 5, I’d just knock an SVU rpt off and air the finale Thursday night. Over and done within the week.

1 Like

Possibly saving it for next week if they decide not to start Matserchef next week.
I suspect if that’s the case, The Cheap Seats will air at 7.30.

Not complaining, just observing, but there was promo for The Bridge during B&B promoting it as 8.40 Thursday.

1 Like

Look, as good as 10’s promo team probably is, this news only broke an hour or so ago, doubtful anyone would be that quick to edit/re-shoot/re-voice new promos for this week, let alone tonight and ingest them into play-out and correctly nationally in that short time… Usually minimum a few hours or so, probably will be some fixed/coming though during The Project maybe.

3 Likes

Worth noting that next Sunday has changed to a TBA but the run time has been extended to finish at 9:15pm which would match the MasterChef season premiere.

1 Like

Promos now running during news with new schedule

4 Likes

Suspect that’ll evolve over the week, perhaps depending on how ratings do and once they know what they’re going to do with this season of Masterchef Australia, which I suspect ultimately will air (as it’s more of a tribute to air it than not too).

If they hope Masterchef can air next week then it makes sense to play out The Bridge this week, but if it’ll be a couple of weeks or longer (or not at all) I suspect by Wednesday episode 4/5/6 will have been rescheduled for next week assuming it’s holding up in the 7.30 slot.

Given the tragic and unexpected circumstances, they’ve apated well and we need to be sensitive to that. The positives are that it is a free to air premiere, the provides newish content across the week and they aren’t running lame. In the past they would’ve just run repeats of Bondi resuce, jamie oliver or dog house so this is better than that.

9 Likes

Daytime schedule update for this week:
2pm Tuesday - Friday: The Bridge Encore confirmed as replacing the MasterChef Encore.

1 Like

I watched the start of it and it sounded like they missed an f-bomb a few minutes into it.

Is it too early to discuss which shows should fill the 7.30pm timeslot if the new season of MasterChef Australia is shelved indefinitely?

It won’t be shelved.

I also doubt it would be but apparently, if the family don’t want it to go to air they won’t be showing it.

1 Like

yes

the family can make their wishes known and they may be some negotiation but I don’t think they’d have the ability to just wipe out the whole show.

8 Likes

I really don’t think they have that much say over a multimillion dollar investment. People in the media have just been speculating about whether the network should shelve it if the family requested it. I doubt they would even request such a thing.

Actors pass away before movies or television shows are released and there’s never talk about shelving a project.

The closest thing we have in this case was the death of Anthony Bourdain. His suicide happened before the final season was completed. It went ahead as scheduled but they used his friends to narrate the last few episodes he appeared in but had not narrated yet.

8 Likes

I may be corrected but I think when Mark Priestley from All Saints died in 2008, there were still episodes to screen featuring him.

Many years earlier when actor Bill Stalker died in a motorbike accident, there were about 4 months of episodes of Cop Shop filmed that still had to play out, which they did.

Deaths like this are absolutely tragic, but there is the traditional saying, the show must go on.

6 Likes