Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Yeah, true, good point there. Not sure of the reasoning then. They should have said from the beginning that it was an 20-week run series (or whatever it is). Can’t see much hope of it next year though.

1 Like

An encore of Have You Been Paying Attention? or The Cheap Shots Seats would be my guess.

Personally it wouldn’t overly surprise me if The Living Room doesn’t return next year. While the pandemic situation over the last few months has probably made it almost impossible to film stories on-location, I don’t think the ratings have been all that great of late either. If we’re being realistic, a movie would probably be able to pull similar numbers to what TLR got on Friday for less money.

Chris Brown was in northern NSW in September, filming the new season of I’m a Celebrity. That’s why he was not available for The Living Room.

1 Like

@TelevisionAU down to two episodes :+1:

2 Likes

I feel sorry for the handful of Bull fans out there now having the indignity of only 2 episodes a week

7 Likes

Not the worst schedule they’ve put out of late.

New Aussie content at 7:30 each night and a good variety (i.e. not one series stripped across 4-5 nights) and no repeats in the 8:30/9:00 slot.

Shame they’ll soon run dead on Friday nights and will inevitably run out of content before the end of the year.

4 Likes

A League Soccer?

Wrong night. 10 don’t have the rights to Friday night A-League.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a rights issue, since theoretically they own all of them. It’s just they’ve chosen the Saturday night games to air on FTA.

Yippee! Only 2 episodes!

They had decent shows like Studio 10 and The Living Room and then make changes and now they’re not as good. Why did WTFN stop producing it for Ten? With Studio 10 was it money saving causing hosts to leave and with The Living Room why WTFN isn’t involved anymore?

1 Like

the 10 Network only acquired the Saturday night time slot, Paramount+ acquired all of them.

Probably cheaper to produce in-house and keep all the revenue from the in program sponsors. But the result was they couldn’t use the exact format which was very successful with its renovation for profit and the decluttering thing and now they just produce some mediocre shit.

2 Likes

I’m sure the A-League wouldn’t get in the way of 10 airing 2 weekly games on FTA if they wanted to do that…

1 Like

You know they’re the same company right? They (McGarvey and co) could essentially air whatever games they want as ViacomCBS has all rights.

3 Likes

It’s all irrelevant: 10 are airing Saturday Night A-League Men. End of story.

1 Like

Ten axed the show and then brought it in-house. I think they had to pay WTFN a settlement to let it retain the show’s title but WTFN still owned the format, so Ten had to change it when they relaunched it.

6 Likes

That actually could happen. A few days ago, the A-League dropped a massive hint on one of their social media pages that they are looking to expand the competition next year, so if two new clubs join the league, Ten would have an extra match per round and they could possibly broadcast it on Friday night if they chose to (probably depending on how the Saturday night match rates).

Well yes, but I was talking about rights and not disputing what they’re actually airing which is the Saturday men’s game.

1 Like

C21 reports that 10 has acquired the rights to documentary Ghislaine Maxwell: Life on Trial.

2 Likes