Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

With Intent or whatever it’s called? Only a three part drama but yes it could slot in there. They haven’t promoted it.

1 Like

Just checked, lie with me, 4 EPs. Was due to air with bachelor but obviously pulled because of bachies numbers.

Ahh yes 4 eps and it’s called Lie with Me. Its already aired in the UK to poor reviews. I wonder how it rated.

Survivor Australia confirmed for February 2022 according to a promo in tonight’s finale.

3 Likes

That sounds even more brutal than the trainers themselves.

It’s a shame that AGT couldn’t go ahead this year. Would’ve been a good show.

On 10 I’ll be watching Masked Singer and HYBPA mainly. Maybe I’ll dip in and out of Making It and Celebrity Masterchef.

I know that ten has massive holes all across its schedule but it’s still my main channel and is that consistently throughout the year. I actually don’t think they are doing too bad with having new, up to are content. I just finished survivor (was an incredible season) and will flow straight into masked and making it. I already watch HYBPA, cheap seats, project and goggle so they have me for the lions share of the week.

If they could just invest in some more content for 8.30/9pm and god forbid fridays/Saturday’s which has always been its Achilles heal. Hoping for some great announcements at upfronts this year but am
Doubtful any of those will be touched.

3 Likes

I think this is what most people are saying. They have sort of decent content for their 7:30 slots. It’s just there’s no depth and endless repeats of CBS procedurals infesting the schedule.

If only they leveraged their news department more to squeeze out more content to pad out the morning and post 10pm then they’d actually be doing ok.

2 Likes

I take issue with content being held back when it could go to air, Lie With Me being a good example which could be great to air on the same night as the launch of Making It to bolster their line-up.

What about Rhys Darby: Big In Japan, it was destined for 10 to coincide with the Olympics in 2020 and now streaming on Paramount+ but this could’ve aired by now. It’s already been shown in NZ too.

I don’t know when they can air this, but S2 of My Life is Murder is already being shown in NZ so that should’ve been available to Aus too you’d think even though it’s also available on Acorn TV.

Also they held back on commissioning more 8:30 shows this year and last, where is Kinne Tonight? Surely it’s got to be a cost effective show, and did well on the back of HYBPA. Could be great for later in the week like Fridays at 8:30.

Another season of Drunk History (which is being encored on 10 Shake from last night) which was something different. I would love to see another season of Taboo also, this was really well received and Harley was excellent on this show.

I get why Five Bedrooms was moved to Paramount+ too, but that shouldn’t have affected 10’s slate of drama commission and funded for FTA and should have been better planned so something was available to fill that gap in programming.

We’ve still got Pilot Week to come (if it’s still happening as planned), but ideally this concept should air well before planned Upfronts as it would be great platform to announce commissions from this initiative.

Must be cheap to run Bull repeats.

Is Alter Ego coming to 10? I watched the sneak peek preview show on FOX and it looks interesting.

I don’t think 10 need another singing competition show, couldn’t see a show working like that here too.

Do 10 really have a singing competition? Although the masked singer is a singing competition you don’t really watch for singing, rather the guessing.

Well there’s still a winner, so yes it is a competition.

Guessing does form a big part of the show, but I’d argue the singing is just as important.

Stronger personalities will progress until the end, even if their real identity is widely speculated.

I agree with what you are saying but I still think there would be room for a singing competition on 10. A 3 week event style show doesn’t dilute the market in my opinion.

It could possibly work on another network, but too similar to Masked Singer I think with a concept that involves assuming another personality or figure.

Would prefer to see 10 do a regular singing competition like Aus Idol if they were going to go down that route of having one in their schedule.

I just had a look at the promo for Alter Ego and it’s not celebrities or well known singers taking part. I would link this more closely to the voice than the masked singer.

8:30pm Sunday September 26

5 Likes

With the YTT special on September 26, there is no way The Masked Singer will be able to finish within three weeks.

EDIT: oops, I misread the airtime

2 Likes

The Masked Singer can still go ahead since YTT is not scheduled until 8.30pm.

4 Likes

10 celebrates 50 years of YTT on Sunday week

Undisputed. Over 50s.

5 Likes