Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

It is not unusual for local broadcasters to use their talent to narrate or spearhead their broadcast of international documentaries.

7 Likes

It makes the program more relatable to an Australian audience and draws on the drawing power of Sandra.

8 Likes

Also helps it qualify as Australian content to meet the required broadcast quota?

2 Likes

I was wondering that but I think not:

(4) A documentary program that complies with subsection (2) is not an Australian program if it is a reversioning of one or more existing documentary programs that are not Australian programs, Australian official co‑productions, New Zealand programs or Australian/New Zealand programs.

4 Likes

Opening of Diana’s Decades

6 Likes

I know 10 have done this in the past.

1 Like

Bit surprising considering the weeks without tent pole they have in bits of their annual schedule.

1 Like

I concur.

There’s probably little crossover audience between olymoics and bachelor fans.

The Olympics will rate their tits off and 10 will target whatever dregs are left in terms of audience.

Your usual Instagram influencers and millennials only interested in themselves won’t be interested in the grandness and patriotism of the Olympic Games. It is irrelevant to them.

6 Likes

Dregs is a great way to describe Bachelor viewers.

2 Likes

I agree.

Sadly even up against the Olympics, The Bachelor will probably still rate better than Love On The Spectrum did though.

Especially in Sydney if our current virus situation continues during that period, which no doubt will please Seven as it’s an opportunity for them to get ahead (if only for a couple of weeks) in what’s otherwise a market that mostly watches Nine.

LOL yes!

Absolutely

Is this the new standard to compare every dating show to?

It’s a little tiresome.

3 Likes

I personally believe it should be.

While not entirely flawed by any stretch, LOTS is perhaps the only regular program in the dating, relationship and wedding genre on Australian TV in recent times that has even come close to something resembling actual reality. And with this being a forum which has several members who are on the autism spectrum (which has a less than impressive track record at being fairly represented in the Australian media), it does disappoint me that there’s been considerably less discussion about that show on Media Spy than there has been about MAFS & Bachelor/ette which receive almost inescapable media attention/coverage every year.

2 Likes

Because those shows cast people who go onto build an online following and garners chat all year round, whereas love on the spectrum ends and they live their lives out of the public eye.

1 Like

Doubt.

Think Nine have the most to lose here.

I don’t get the point of the original tweet. Nine (Beauty and the Geek) and 10 (Survivor) revealed weeks ago other programs that are going up again the Olympics. Not sure what is so surprising that the The Bachelor joins the list.

2 Likes

I wonder when 10 will show documentary Rhys Darby: Big in Japan, which was filmed to promote the country ahead of Tokyo Olympics? It was meant to premiere on 10 in November 2020, but was postponed indefinitely.

Yup. I would say the only reason 10 held off was to see where BATG was going to air first.

1 Like