Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

I just don’t understand why 10 wouldn’t air the bachelorette. Seems a bit stupid.

1 Like

What a horrific schedule. It’s though they’re programming for roughly 1-2 hours a night if that.

Still airing instinct when it continually fails. Bondi rescue??? Jeeze more failures. Jamie Oliver?? Shouldn’t be in prime time.

They keep saying they have all this content. Where the fuck is this content then? Given they have no sports rights they should have double the content they air.

6 Likes

Well, 7 airs Dogs Behaving (Very ) Badly in prime time.

1 Like

Maybe 1994?
Interesting to see how a 1984 version would look like though.

Yep, so dumb. All that momentum built from Survivor and Bachelor and they launch a schedule like that! WTF.

Sunday’s will be an absolutely write off and Wednesday/Thursdays won’t be much better.

I like Masked Singer on a Monday/Tuesday but kinda feel it shouldve been Sunday/Monday to launch their week. Sunday’s will be <10% combined network share.

2 Likes

But these are new shows, so it is new content. You can’t have it both ways. You need to calm down.

3 Likes

Yeah, but that’s 7. This is 10, held to a much higher standard.

1 Like

I don’t understand why they aren’t going straight into The Bachelorette either. It would be fair enough if they had decent content filling those slots, but they don’t. I honestly thought next week was going to be one of their best weeks of the year… not anymore.

3 Likes

I have no issues with them airing Bondi Rescue and even new episodes of Jamie to some extent but what I don’t understand is why they aren’t going straight into The Bachelorette when it had worked so successfully in the past. Is it because its too much Osher in the one week?

Possibly, either that or it’s just not ready. If it’s the former, then that’s poor planning on managements end in not diversifying their hosting talent enough to ensure you don’t have the same person presenting multiple shows all due on air at the same time.

I believe Bondi Rescue and Jamie Oliver have their place in 10’s schedule as somewhat staples, but maybe not at 7:30 and especially not as fillers to lose all momentum they achieve with some quality programming.

It was kind’ve obvious this was going to happen when they left it so late to air a first look or sneak peek at the new season of The Bachelorette.

2 Likes

Still no airfare for the Remaining 8 Changing Rooms Episodes Which Are likely to air In Summer Non-Ratings On Weekend Afternoons.

Yes.

This was always going to be the case when they get the same hosts for multiple shows.

I guess its understandable its just a pity they didn’t have something slightly more substantial to go on Wednesday and Thursday. Even if it was shows that they didn’t get commission this year like Shark Tank and that 4 year old show.

2 Likes

Totally poor planning on managements part - I don’t think Osher was a bad choice at all for The Masked Singer - in fact he makes total sense given the idol and channel v history… but having him host a 2 programs that air Mon-Thur probably isn’t the best. That said, still a wasted opportunity - Bacherlorette has to air eventually, why not now?

3 Likes

I agree. Didn’t Ten say they were now scheduling premium programming for 50 weeks of the year? Doesn’t look like it to me when there’s filler content at 7.30pm Wednesdays/Thursdays in September.

With there being no more Thursday Night Football until next March, this time of year should be the perfect opportunity for Ten to gain viewers who are looking for something new to watch towards the end of the week.

Dare I say it…perhaps even having Pilot Week between The Bachelor & Bachelorette wouldn’t have been a bad idea.

Either way, I think just about all Media Spy members can agree that Network Ten needs new blood in the programming & scheduling departments.

2 Likes

Yeah that is true. They could have even had pilot week over 2 weeks instead of one and aired all four shows in the 7:30 wednesday and thursday slot.

However, although 10 said they would screen premium content over 50 weeks (cough 49) Bondi Rescue could be considered premium. It is locally produced. 10 could also argue that Jamie is premium. In fact, I am sure they said in a podcast that they would still air Jamie at some point this year just not rely on it as much as other years.

1 Like

Where did they say “premium” content? I’m sure they just said that they would be programming for 50 weeks of the year.

Everyone is now interpreting it in their own way, just to bag them out, yet again.

3 Likes

I’d like to see a few folks from here program 50 weeks of television.

3 Likes

Could is be that Jamie Oliver is making it to air as an announcement for MasterChef is upcoming? :thinking:

2 Likes

Ten has programmed a schedule for 365/366 days a year since they started. Why did McGarvey point out 50 weeks rather than 52.14 weeks if it didn’t have any meaning to it?