Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

You should expect nothing less from an American show. They flog everything to death…and beyond.

This 90210 sounds interesting though. It’s the original cast and they are doing some sort of parody of themselves

Yes. It’s a parody. They’re playing heightened versions of themselves. There is some truth in what is portrayed but it’s also fictional. Similar to what Matt Le Blanc did in Episodes.

It’s a show within a show where they’re supposedly trying to get a reboot of Beverly Hills 90210 made. It’s all been done before with Grosse Point and Moving Wallpaper.

Curb Your Enthusiasm did it too (as did Seinfeld itself).

I was going to include Curb but I don’t know enough about it.

Seinfeld is a bit different. He wasn’t really playing himself but a character that had the same name and some of the same characteristics. The precedent there was The Bob Newhart Show/Newhart and The Lucy Show/Here’s Lucy.

Beecham House finished on ITV last weekend (and is showing in NZ right now), and UK media reviews haven’t been kind to the six-part series.
http://www.screenscribe.net/channels/critical-condition-beecham-house/
Looks like 10 may have its work cut out to promote the drama.

Which is probably the reason why it ended up on Ten.

Yeah, BBC First would usually buy a program such as this, if it was good.

1 Like

I reckon we’ll see a run of prime time movies on 10’s main channel in an 8:30-ish timeslot when Bachelor starts, like they did last year with “Pretty Woman”, “Runaway Bride”, etc. All of which rated well for old re-runs. Also cost effective and stabilises or boosts share.

Week commencing 4 August 2019

Sunday 4 August
03:00 pm Australia By Design: Architecture Season 3 Premiere

06:30 pm The Sunday Project
07:30 pm Australian Survivor Paranoia starts to set in across both tribes with rumours of contestants having idols, but are they real or fake? At Tribal Council, the tribe are faced with some big questions around leadership.
09:00 pm Instinct S2 E02
10:00 pm Instinct Rpt

Monday 5 August
07:30 pm Australian Survivor A massive twist in the game sees things shaken up for both the Contenders and the Champions. Old alliances will be broken, and those who were at the top of the game find themselves on the bottom.
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? Contestants Ed Kavalee, Denise Scott, Tony Martin, Ash London and Sam Pang
09:30 pm Ross Noble - Brain Dump Rpt
10:30 pm Carpool Karaoke With Paul McCartney Rpt

Tuesday 6 August
07:30 pm Australian Survivor There are two Survivors who are controlling the game…but will their antics soon be uncovered? Will they fall victim to their own success? Or are they still calling the shots?
09:00 pm NCIS x 2 Rpt

Wednesday 7 August
07:30 pm The Bachelor Australia
08:45 pm My Life is Murder S1 E04
09:45 pm Bull S3 E18
10:45 pm Sports Tonight

Thursday 8 August
08:45 pm Law & Order: SVU x 2 Rpt
10:45 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 9 August
07:30 pm The Living Room
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? Rpt
09:30 pm Ross Noble - Brain Dump Rpt
10:30 pm Man With A Plan Rpt

Saturday 10 August
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
06:00 pm Jamie’s 15 Minute Meals x 2 Rpt
06:30 pm Bondi Rescue Rpt
07:00 pm Rugby Union: Wallabies vs All Blacks
10:00 pm Australian Survivor Rpt
11:30 pm Elementary Rpt

Adelaide
06:00 pm Bondi Rescue Rpt
06:30 pm Rugby Union: Wallabies vs All Blacks
09:30 pm Australian Survivor Rpt
11:00 pm Elementary Rpt

Perth
05:00 pm Rugby Union: Wallabies vs All Blacks (10 News First on 10Bold)
08:00 pm Ambulance x 2 Rpt
10:30 pm Australian Survivor Rpt

3 Likes

Far too many repeats in the 8:30 onwards time slots for 10 currently.

They’re programming 50 weeks a year now, so they probably had to limit new content to the 7.30 slot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Hawaii Five-0 has now been shunted to Bold with the ‘new’ season from last Summer returning on Thursday. No match for program encores obviously.

This is the new season. It finished in America in May - these episodes are from December / January.

That’s what I said, from last Summer.

Apologies. I saw new in quotation marks and shunted in your message.

I actually think it is an upgrade from 10:30pm on main channel, sometimes later depending on programming and in/out schedule to a much improved 8:30 slot on 10bold where hopefully it can air consistently each week and catch up to America

Looking at Tonight’s guide, you’d have to think 10 would be in for a read hot shot at The Bachelor doing really well. It’s competition tonight is a highway patrol special on 7 or Young Sheldon on 9…

I didn’t realise the Bachelor started tonight I thought it was premiering next week.

Week commencing 11 August 2019

Sunday 11 August
06:30 pm The Sunday Project
07:30 pm Australian Survivor In camp, plans start to unravel, leading to an epic Tribal Council no one saw coming that leaves everyone shocked.
09:00 pm Instinct S2 E03
10:00 pm Instinct Rpt

Monday 12 August
07:30 pm Australian Survivor Tribe members have been given a wake up call, and it’s clear to everyone that it’s every man for himself in the game of Survivor.
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? Contestants: Ed Kavalee, Urzila Carlson, Dane Simpson, Melanie Bracewell and Sam Pang.
09:30 pm Strassman: iTedE Rpt

Tuesday 13 August
07:30 pm Australian Survivor One of the tribes talks about throwing a chanllenge in order to keep an alliance strong.
09:00 pm NCIS x 2 Rpt

Wednesday 14 August
09:00 pm My Life is Murder S1 E05
10:00 pm Bull S3 E19
11:00 pm Sports Tonight

Thursday 15 August
08:30 pm Gogglebox Australia Season 10 Premiere

09:30 pm Law & Order: SVU Rpt
10:30 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 16 August
07:30 pm The Living Room
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? Rpt
09:30 pm Strassman: iTedE Rpt

Saturday 17 August
05:00 pm Rugby Union: Wallabies vs All Blacks
07:30 pm Ambulance Rpt
08:45 pm 999: What’s Your Emergency?
09:45 pm Ambulance Rpt
11:00 pm Elementary Rpt

Market variations will be posted later.

1 Like

Saturday Night Rove premieres Saturday, 24 August at 7:30pm.

2 Likes