Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

so like a Restaurant Impossible type series?

I am suggesting some possible formats that could work and as an example my proposed GNW: The Great Debate would be a series that could be shown weekly of as a feature in slots where they need to fill in between reality series. Each debate would be stand alone to allow this

Ten needs to move shows like Seal Team to a multichannel eg One? Those shows just don’t seem to have an audience in prime time anymore. Was NCIS a repeat last night? Even that is rating poorly. Perhaps move all American crime procedurals to One .

1 Like

No it wasn’t. It was a new episode

Fill it with what exactly, they seem to rely heavily on American content. As you can tell with the schedule.

1 Like

Seems Aussies would rather watch trash on MKR or Married at First Sight. I think I even read somewhere the guy on MAFS was from an acting agency :frowning:

Have to agree, thats also why we suffer so many encores of reality programs - not much else to fill the schedule, especially given the pressure from pay tv and streaming services - some of the content due to exclusive deals prevent some shows from airing or not airing until they are well and truly dated.

As an example, the program Baby Daddy would of aired as a summer filler in the 90s, now its over without free to air TV not airing an episode and if it ever makes it to FTA television it will probably be on a secondary channel either late at night or early in the morning

Well, there are about ten times more shows produced these days and they can’t all air on FTA. Especially the rubbish ones.

i am not going to disagree with you on that, but I will say how many encores of a show do people want to see??? And there is all the repeats of older programs too. Newer American content will always air in prime time if they don’t have another alternative

I wouldnt say there are ten times more shows produced these day - though, i would say ten times more programs available for screening/streaming

Perhaps an option for Wednesday could be either a re-boot of The Panel OR a sports based panel show that could air at either 9pm (after the reality program or whatever is on at 7:30pm) on Wednesday (9:30pm/10pm depending on early evening structure)

A possible title/working title could be The Sports Panel

1 Like

What? In 2017, there were a record number of 497 scripted series made in the US. Up from 455 in 2016 and still increasing. Add in all the hours of reality, factual, chat, lifestyle and variety shows and you have the peak of new television productions.

if we take your figures of 497 divide that by 10.

you say 49.7 american programs made in the 90s. Divide this by 4 (given that there were 4 major networks at the time (ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC) that is just over 12 programs each per year. With imports and other programs, I still think your quoted 10 times is excessive… perhaps its a 5, 6 or 7 fold increase, but I still think that 10 times is excessive.

I think we’re straying from the point?

1 Like

If it’s starting at 9.30, dont bother. Ten have more than enough US content to fill 9.30-12.30. Colbert should be filling the 11.30 slot every night personally.
Build up 7.30-9.30 (I’m not mercy killing their News/current affairs for the sake of it) and the post 9.30 stuff should naturally come along.

1 Like

Are TEN still going to do that Pilot week that they announced at the upfronts? Haven’t heard anything else since.

1 Like

I believe so.

That won’t be until mid year

Time for a “suggestions for Bev” thread?

7 Likes

isn’t that every thread about Network Ten around here??

11 Likes

most not every. As I don’t reckon TEN Sport will be included in that thread “suggestions for Bev”