Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

It is.

What is?

The Graham Norton New Years Eve special is an hour long so will run for 80-90 mins with ads.

In the advanced guides, it is slated as Good Business Guide rather than the New Years Eve special.

Why would Ten skip the New Years Eve special?

Week commencing 5 January 2020

Sunday 5 January
06:00 pm The Graham Norton Show NYE Special Guests: Tom Hanks, Motsi Mabuse, Stephen Graham & Melanie C Feat Sink The Pink.
07:30 pm I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! Season 5 Premiere
09:30 pm NCIS x 2 Rpt
11:30 pm Hughesy, We Have a Problem Rpt

Monday 6 January
07:30 pm I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!
09:00 pm Just for Laughs Australia x 2 Rpt
10:00 pm Hughesy, We Have a Problem Rpt

Tuesday 7 January
09:00 pm NCIS x 2 Rpt

Wednesday 8 January
09:00 pm Bull Season 4 Premiere
10:00 pm Bull Rpt

Thursday 9 January
09:00 pm Law & Order: SVU x 2 Rpt

Friday 10 January
07:30 pm The Graham Norton Show 2019 NYE Special Rpt
09:00 pm Hughesy, We Have a Problem Rpt
10:00 pm Strassman - Itede Rpt

Saturday 11 January
07:00 pm Movie: Madagascar 2 (2008)
08:45 pm Movie: Sex and the City (2008)
11:30 pm Hughesy, We Have a Problem Rpt

2 Likes

No 6pm news on a Sunday? Wow 10s commitment to that is not good.

They haven’t had 6pm news on a Sunday. They’ve had Bondi Rescue repeats.

They would struggle to fill an hour of news on a Sunday let alone 90 minutes.

There’s no 90 minute news on the weekend.

Ten may have just recorded an all-time low share for a primary commercial channel last night (Saturday). Beaten by SBS.

1 Like

Plus, it wasn’t rating far ahead of 9Gem & 7TWO.

There has been a few times earlier in the year that they have gotten those sorts of primary % shares. Last nights shares would be one of the lowest.

Saturdays on 10 in 2019: Air factual programs (Ambulance, 911 Emergency etc), ratings are bad. Air new Aussie content (Saturday Night Rove and Luxury Escapes at 6pm), ratings are bad; air movies (like last night’s Happy Feet 2, Father of the Bride 2), ratings are bad. Seems like whatever Ten has aired this year, it has bombed!

The only thing that i can recall that worked in 2019 is the odd Rugby Union World Cup match, and if the Supercars ran over-time and the news starting later than usual.

1 Like

Would it be fair to say that Ten needs the rights to air premium Sport (specifically, AFL and/or NRL when they’re next up for grabs) if they’re to ever have a half-decent audience on Saturday nights?

Yes

Knoxy’s comment on TV Tonight: “Ouch @ 10” :grimacing:

Vintage Knoxy

3 Likes

IMO I don’t think we should write off 10’s latest movie line-up as a fail, as the first few nights rated (especially Pretty Woman) and shares over 10% for main channel alone, with positivity on social media as well.

A consistent Saturday movie line-up during survey would be a better indication (as alternatives against AFL for example).

Summer is a dead zone for FTA outside sport!

2 Likes

Yeah Movieman, you would say that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re right, guilty as charged :drooling_face:

Well that is even more pathetic. Why on earth don’t they have it on weekends? It makes no sense.