Ten Network & Paramount+ 2023

Had its own segment later.

1 Like

Some interesting stuff from 10 for next year. Though I honestly don’t get how they’re renewing stuff like Love Boat and Bondi Resuce which are both flops whilst The Amazing Race gets canned even though it did way better than the likes of Real Love Boat.

Good number of drama as well. They’re doing way better than Nine and Seven in that regard. Also like the variety in the schedule with a good mix of shows.

Too bad news and Studio 10 are still absolutely diabolical.

1 Like

I think 10 will air The Bachelor entirely within January, so it will have Australian Survivor launching on the same night as MAFS (Monday January 30).

1 Like

Studio 10, whilst confirmed not going anywhere for 2023, barely rated a mention either.

It sells really well overseas. That’s why it’s lasted so long

Hopefully 10 will make it a Bold exclusive because no one has cared for it on the main channel for the last 3 years.

1 Like

Three new dramas Paper Dolls, Riptide and North Shore is pretty good for a commercial network. Plus Five Bedrooms makes 4 for the year.

2 Likes

As well as Last King of the Cross which I am quite excited for (I know it’s a p+ one, but still part of the fold)

The only thing that 10 currently lacks is a premium sport and news content. Both elements are the backbone for a network. Without this investment all these reality and entertainment formats will be fighting an uphill battle against 7 and 9.

6 Likes

Absolutely… 10 aren’t considered a legitimate network until they have a premium sport and a proper news service. They were a lot better when the had the AFL and greater news output.

1 Like

The Amazing Race better be Renewed or I’ll Riot!!!

Pictures or it didn’t happen.

2 Likes

As others have mentioned, I really wish they would invest more into their news department - small things, not huge changes (since I think realistically we can’t expect to see full local bulletins again).

Extend Saturday night news to 6.30, then The Project - those should help set up their evening schedule a bit better.

Weeknights have a late news bulletin at 10pm (half hour) using the resources of the Perth team.

3 Likes

Ironically, 10 spent much more time talking news and current affairs than Nine at their upfronts.

1 Like

That’s because their News brand is established and doesn’t need the “attention”. (nines)
That’s what these events are for, to showcase what needs attention toward advertisers to invest.

I think the comment was more the irony of Ten doing so - (given their inferior product).

It’s laughable isn’t it.

But that’s what they want to showcase. It’s down in numbers which is why they are trying to promote it. It’s a shit product I agree but they need people to invest in it. I hear frequently their news hour is never sold out at a premium rate unlike the other two commercial networks.

1 Like

Anyone have a recording of the upfront by any chance?

Ahh yes. Gotcha.