Ten Network & Paramount+ 2023

The only good thing about 10 is aside from the lack of News and sport they have more depth of content than 7 and 9 across the year.

Given it’s not yet in production they may not have it ready for 2023. Aren’t they only setting up the writers room now?

1 Like

Last King of the Cross. Appleton Ladies Potato Race and five bedrooms local originals dramas so far for paramount + 2023

Based on the novel of the same name by Melanie Tait. There also has been several stage productions around Australia in recent years, such as this one:
https://artsontour.com.au/tours/appleton-ladies-potato-race/

It just flashed on screen as part of a package.

1 Like
1 Like

This Bev woman isn’t very engaging is she.

I think there’s a decent variety in the schedule. Some decent content coming to P+ too.

So they are doing season 2 of love boat? And no the amazing race?

That was a pretty short upfront presentation at 75 minutes.

I loved Sheldon Riley’s version of aint no mountain high enough

What happens now at these events? I assume the advertisers ‘mingle’ with the stars? Is that why they all get sent there to attend?

Biggest franchises missing from the upfronts were The Amazing Race Australia, Shaun Micallef’s Brain Eisteddfod, First Dates and The Bachelorette.

The Masked Singer was shown in the schedule template as well as clips but wasn’t mentioned in the formal media release .

Usually there is an open bar and entertainment ain some form following the upfront events and yes mingle with network staff and talent.

I wouldn’t call Brain Eisteddfod a big franchise… its flopped lol

Also likely they are still sorting contracts. I can’t see it not coming back. If it wasn’t going to in next year they wouldn’t have packaged it up.

Overall if they think Bachelors is going to take on MAFS post tennis then they are delusional. There will be a mass switch off as soon as MAFS starts

Had its own segment later.

1 Like

Some interesting stuff from 10 for next year. Though I honestly don’t get how they’re renewing stuff like Love Boat and Bondi Resuce which are both flops whilst The Amazing Race gets canned even though it did way better than the likes of Real Love Boat.

Good number of drama as well. They’re doing way better than Nine and Seven in that regard. Also like the variety in the schedule with a good mix of shows.

Too bad news and Studio 10 are still absolutely diabolical.

1 Like

I think 10 will air The Bachelor entirely within January, so it will have Australian Survivor launching on the same night as MAFS (Monday January 30).

1 Like

Studio 10, whilst confirmed not going anywhere for 2023, barely rated a mention either.

It sells really well overseas. That’s why it’s lasted so long

Hopefully 10 will make it a Bold exclusive because no one has cared for it on the main channel for the last 3 years.

1 Like