Ten Network & Paramount+ 2023

I’m still baffled that people take things so personally on here, as if their whole identities are tied to media conglomerates and any valid criticism is a direct knock on them personally. It’s bizarre.

Oh well sometimes reality hurts.

2 Likes

2023 slate promo

3 Likes

Nice graphics package.

2 Likes

This is great, really wish they’d create a new cohesive network look based on this.

Looks quite dark and edgy, very different to the other two also.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 10 Play

Just For Laughs Sydney has been holding its 10th anniversary festival over the past week (it finishes today). One of the events was Just For Laughs: Australia: Live, held at Sydney Opera House and hosted by Nath Valvo. It featured more than 30 local and international comedians with a different line-up each night. It will be shown on 10 sometime in 2023.

3 Likes
4 Likes

is Beverley McGarvey trying to completely destroy Channel 10?

The recent changes suggest yes, she is. Why start Studio 10 at 10am. As The Circle proved years ago, the latest such a show should start is 9am. The Talk could have very easily slipped into a slot later in the day, either 11am or she could of had Ten News at 11, followed by Dr Phil, The Talk and reality encores.

Cooking shows could be screening 6am til 7:30am with Judge Judy, Bold and The Beautiful and ET to follow.

Alternatively to the above, to try and generate more income for its owner, CBS This Morning could move to 6am and screen Infomercials til 6am. Fillers could include cooking segment extracts from Studio 10 or one of the cooking shows.

1 Like

Because the highest rating part of Studio 10 has been between 10am and midday.

6 Likes

the network is making a profit for Paramount under her leadership, so I guess not

6 Likes

Not that I am doubting what you are saying, but why were we hearing speculation in December 2022 about the possibility of Ten either being sold or being axed altogether?

Because it’s the daily mail.

3 Likes

Because the Daily Mail likes a good clickbait headline and you were sucked in by it.

4 Likes

Here’s the source: Paramount Australia & New Zealand - #3665 by cmo

That was a s*** Daily Mail clickbait headline.

4 Likes

Ah, the Daily Mail “never worry about the truth when you can make up a clickbait headline” should be their motto.

Ten wouldn’t close, unfortunately if things get desperate for Paramount I have a feeling News Corp would try to buy it on the cheap to advance their right wing Sky News. I really hope it never comes to that.

Ten said it will report circa $100 million in underlying earnings and more than $330 million in profit for 2021.

Those figures would represent a significant turnaround for Ten, which posted a $221.8 million loss in 2019 and a $3.4 million loss in 2020

1 Like

vs Ten’s spin doctors. Pretty evenly matched.

2 Likes

How do program rights work? When a channel ‘rests’ a program, does this mean it technically is in the market to be poached?

In the absence of any huge noisy international new formats, this surely has to be the shopping ground for ten?!? Pick on some formats that the other networks are yet to confirm.
AGT
Beauty and the geek
Celeb apprentice
house rules
Ninja
X factor
Even revisit their own like shark tank?

Yes I know that this is not innovative in any way but desperate times….and some familiar formats done with a ten spin could help them strengthen their 50 week schedule.

These two are the only options from that list that 10 would only consider if they went down that path. All the rest are completely mismatched when it comes to the demos 10 target.