Paramount Australia & New Zealand

I assume that’s the article “Network TEN’s Five-Year Plan to Cut Jobs and Programs”?
(I searched in Google, which doesn’t need pay wall)

It is a stupid article. Nothing factually incorrect… but it pushes together TEN’s cost cutting possibilities with CBS’s purchase, makes it sound like a bad thing.

1 Like

Seems that was a false report. The Australian states today that has has been doing everything from Bermuda, his return to Australia has been delayed as he had needed major dental work.

1 Like

Why can’t Bruce and Murdoch just accept they lost and let CBS run the station. At the end of the day, they could run it really bad and Murdoch could pick it up for a $1 like packer:/bond moment. Ffs this is so childish.

5 Likes

Oh now don’t go bringing logic and reason into it…

It’s because of ego; their own-goal (and yet another failure for Lachlan) has made them something of a laughing stock, so they’re persisting in trying to paint it as if the decision was wrong, we’ve been cheated, etc.

Hopefully the courts will quickly dismiss whatever nonsense arguments they may try to present, but unfortunately their actions look to delay CBS taking control, and like spoilt brats they may see that wrecking/delays as a victory of sorts.

7 Likes

No sign of this KPMG report yet. Maybe it isn’t publicly released but it was due to ASX today.

1 Like

Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch :grinning:

Administrators KordaMentha released an experts’ report by KPMG late on Tuesday, confirming that, after creditors are paid under the scheme of arrangement put forward by US network CBS, the equity in Ten is worth nothing.

The administrators will now apply to the NSW supreme court to resume the shares in a hearing set down for three days from 31 October. Shareholders can make representations, providing one last forum for investors to fight to salvage something from the collapsed network.

The biggest loser will be Bruce Gordon…

13 Likes

What a great report from kpmg. After everything is paid ten is worthless. I cannot see any argument can be framed by the losers to overturn the sale to cbs.

A least those billionaires lose millions in all this. The abuse being hurled at them on the guardian comments is absolutely wonderful.

Hopefully smooth saling for the CBS takeover and that ten can get on with trying to be more competitive in the media space. Seven and nine have had it easy for too long.

More here: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.afr.com/business/media-and-marketing/tv/network-ten-equity-has-no-value-according-to-kpmg-report-20171010-gyxruq

3 Likes

how old is that photo?? Lachlan looks about 12

1 Like

And of course the obligatory Australian report with a definite slant in the analysis:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/ten-shares-worthless-says-independent-experts-report/news-story/3d6ae8566e145a31ff9081f687ac7072

When was his first failed venture OneTel?

1 Like

The Margin Call column in The Australian points out that the KPMG report was dated 10 October 2017, the same date it was publicly released. Margin Call understands that their was an earlier version used during the sale process, and hint that any challenger to the sale could ask for the original report.

I personally like this part. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Great work Ol’ Bruce!

4 Likes

Well AFTER everything is paid it’s worth something.
(edit: I meant after it’s bought).

It’s just that before everything is sorted, it also owes half a billion odd. And until that is removed it’s worth less than nothing.

(Edit: I now think you meant that if debts were all paid it’d be worth nothing.)

The CBS takeover of Ten got several mentions at Radio Alive 2017 today.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Murdoch withdraws from Ten takeover bid

Ten shareholder Lachlan Murdoch is believed to have withdrawn from the fight to stop the takeover of the struggling TV broadcaster by US giant CBS.

25 Likes

Great news!

6 Likes

Hoorah!

3 Likes
9 Likes
3 Likes