Paramount Australia & New Zealand

It was poorly implemented by management at the time.

New reports from Ten, Nine and Seven tonight - all national reports though Seven did open the bulletin with vision of Ten’s Mt Coot-tha studio

2 Likes

Seven kicking the boot in already. Spreading false information about tens trouble. There’s no demise.

5 Likes

I read that as “there’s no Denise”. Gotta love Ding Dong.

Nine’s at it too with A Current Affair’s story: Is Ten Gone?

3 Likes

at least they put a question mark at the end

4 Likes

Southern Cross will be more glad than ever that they were able to offload NRN when they did. July 31 will not come fast enough for them…

1 Like

Sad. Personally, I think they have been VERY badly managed for much of the last few years. A lot of their executives - such as news directors - seemed to be journalists first and foremost, and they forgot about the business part. With the news revolution, hiring 300 extra people, having 2 old people host a show called “Breakfast”, hiring George Negus - I mean, really? It seemed to be a case of immature kids running the joint and just throwing money around, rather than a really sound business decision. A businesss out of control.

Why isn’t “The Panel” still on? Family Feud now around 300,000? They may as well have stayed with News. At least it may have built.

Working Dog decided not to do any more?

From today’s West Australian:

13 Likes

Yes. They wanted to do other things like Thank God You’re Here and preferred to go out on top rather than when all the life had been drained out of it and it was on its last legs.

What planet are you on? You have no idea what you are talking about.

9 Likes

Fairfax Media’s Michael Pascoe pointing out just how much the Murdoch empire has been benefiting at Ten’s expense; an interesting read:

1 Like

Considering that over the last two years, we’ve seen managerial appointment after managerial appointment go to marketing dorks, I’d wager the problem is a bloated management with little grasp on running a television outlet.

3 Likes

Short segment calling for Labor and Greens to support media reform plus “programs will continue as normal”.

7 Likes

I love that headline lol my imagination went completely somewhere less with that headline :tongue::tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

There are multiple reports that Ten expects to halve the cost of its US studio bill and that is currently $150m per year. The big test is what they do with the extra $75m per year - buy cheaper US programming or develop more Australian content (or pay off the owners).

1 Like

Even the logo change seemed to be all about the “marketing speak” and not really a grounded business decision. They should have just stayed as they were - blue and yellow, 2D. The anaemic blue and white look doesn’t suit them, in my opinion. They took all the personality out of their brand.

5 Likes

Fair enough. I understand the thinking. By the same token, who is to say it wouldn’t have just rolled on and on and bedded in as a staple of Wednesday night? Or whenever. Given the right approach, it could have kept going on and on…? At least it had some personality. And they also could have taken things in a slightly different direction than The Project by embracing a whole HEAP of various sides of the conversation - left and right… badly needed in these times.

1 Like

I’m sick of conservatives not getting a platform.(sarcasm)