Ten Network 2020

Interesting thanks for that information. I still think 10 would have been better off investing in something different rather than doing 2 seasons of Survivor. This is what hurt Masterchef and The Block in the past.

3 Likes

I can’t really blame them for doing two seasons in 2020. They’re rebuilding at the moment and Survivor does good business for them. It doesn’t mean they’ll do two seasons for the next five years but it does allow them a bit of breathing space with something they know will deliver an audience

5 Likes

I understand as well, it is a lot easier and less risky to do an extra season of Survivor than a new format. But it could backfire. And it might leave them with two holes to fill in 2 years rather than just 1 next year. But time will tell.

4 Likes

And that’s a fair point

Lots of returning shows, two seasons of Survivor, commissioning of only one pilot from 2018. That shows 10’s confidence in its line-up and also keeping its powder dry for another tilt at the AFL and NRL broadcast rights before the end of 2020, when negotiations should begin.

1 Like

Good to see new seasons of Five Bedrooms , Playing For Keeps and How To Stay Married. Kinne Tonight .

No mention of Mr. Black, My Life Is Murder, Part-Time Private Eyes? And new series The Secrets She Keeps is delayed to 2020.

Drunk History goes to series more than a year after pilot week.

2 Likes
2 Likes

And yet no sign of a Fourth Channel nor a Timeshift which could be good for People running Late especially in the Summer Months.

It’ll come as no surprise that Mr Everywhere, Osher Günsberg is hosting this mornings event.

I wish these were being live streamed, this would be quite interesting to watch.

And this :joy:

James Corden is coming down under in 2021.

1 Like

Didn’t 7 sign an extension?

There have been discussions about Seven getting a two-year extension to its current AFL broadcast deal, but I think it has not been officially signed yet.

As for James Corden’s Australian visit in 2021, will it be similar to Oprah Winfrey’s Down Under trip a few years ago with special shows?

Will there be negotiations of the next broadcast rights deal for Rugby Union in Australia this year or next year?

Why didn’t they call this 10 Buy?

Everything else is 10 Play, 10 Daily, 10 All Access, 10 Bold…

3 Likes

Masterchef judges confirmed as Jock Zonfrillo , Melissa Leong and Andy Allen.

The next season will be called Masterchef: Back to Win.

3 Likes

Going for lesser known chefs/hosts, as they originally did with MasterChef?

1 Like

Good looking judges.

Never heard of them, except for the guy who won Masterchef Season 4.

1 Like

Just like how Matt George and Gary were known?

I think it’s a great line up.

3 Likes

MasterChef viewers would know them - especially as Andy won season 4.

1 Like

Agreed. That way they can use Buy 10 the next time they need bailing out.

2 Likes