Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I would have though she was worth more than 300k. Especially for a weekday position

1 Like

I never believe the figures that come up in newspapers anyway.

It sounds a bit low to me as well but I guess that comes with being a strictly local personality. Sydney-based presenters would be paid more but they generally have national profiles and do more around the network.

1 Like

I agree.

Although one can never rule out the chances that Jen might fill-in on some national bulletins (during Xmas/NY) and perhaps even The Project at times.

1 Like

I’d expect a July 2nd start on news :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think so, Peter Mitchell and Peter Hitchner would both be closer to the 700-900k mark.

I personally would’ve thought somewhere around $300k (maybe slightly higher) would’ve been about the expected figure for main newsreaders at Ten even in markets like Sydney & Melbourne.

Rick & Sue, Overton, Hitch…now those are the type of newsreaders who’d be raking in the big bucks!

Jane Doyle and John Riddell would probably also make that list?

1 Like

Friday -
Hugh Riminton presenting in Sydney.

1 Like

Are you guessing or do u know something we don’t? :o

Well… new financial year…

Antionette’s report on the news tonight, she’s also now credited as being a Eyewitness News Senior Reporter on ten daily now

https://twitter.com/channeltennews/status/1004996209138790400?s=21

2 Likes

New this morning from Michael Lallo in The Age

And Ten hopes to find a “substantial” new role for Quartermain, downplaying rumours of discontent and allowing the dust to settle before Keyte’s debut in the next few weeks.

Interesting comment, it also says she didn’t have a non compete clause from Seven as well as being out of contract - so we could see her on air sooner than expected.

7 Likes

Saturday -

Matt Burke presenting sport from Suncorp Stadium.

Amanda Hart presenting the Weather.

2 Likes

Another example of pathetic decisions used for a national bulletin where 2 hours later in Perth a replay of the bulletin shows an empty stadium. These are the reasons why Tens viewership for news in Perth on weekends is low!

news is on at 4.30 in Perth before the 5.30 game… at least put it in the comm box.

So the crowds magically appear after the news…seriously pathetic!

9 Likes

According to the article in Sunday Herald Sun Jen will be on air for Ten this month.

2 Likes

Would you be able to copy the article here if it’s not too much of a hassle? :slight_smile: