Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

He is an excellent newsreader when solo. IMO Seven should have gone after him rather than Usher.

3 Likes

Hugh Riminton has a book about his news career out today sure to be a very interesting read, the book is officially launched September 29.IMG_20170926_160254

6 Likes

Kimberley Soekov has given birth to her 2nd child.

5 Likes

Great interview with Hugh Riminton tonight :grinning:

I remember his first bulletin at Ten:

A live-cross from Copenhagen in December 2009 with Jacqueline Maddock on the Late News.

He thereafter became Senior Political Correspondent

And a year later Political Editor, with Paul Bongiorno confined to “6pm with George Negus” (as Political Affairs Editor) and a year later Paul wound his role back to a more contributing editor role, as we occasionally see now.

2 Likes

Natarsha Belling has a cameo on upcoming Ten drama Sisters, reading a fake news item.

4 Likes

I remember when he use to present Nightline on Nine.

6 Likes

Prior to that nines London correspondent

2 Likes

In-between Nine & Ten (~2009) he worked overseas, pretty sure at Al Jazeera?

1 Like

He worked for CNN from 2004 - 2009.

3 Likes

Nightline 2002:

9 Likes

Liv mentioned over the weekend on her Instagram that she’s enjoyed doing the weather over the last month and that she would be back presenting in a months time, so no doubt we’ll see perhaps Josh Holt filling in again this weekend?

2 Likes

Hugh Riminton is presenting news and Amanda Jason is back presenting weather this weekend.

3 Likes

Ali Donaldson reporting tonight:

2 Likes

Hugh Riminton being interviewed on ABC News Breakfast this morning:

7 Likes

Hugh has been doing promotional interviews for his book this week, and book signings at bookstores, he was even in Melbourne during the week.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Candice Wyatt presenting in Melbourne this week.

4 Likes

Can’t remember if this has been mentioned in here yet, but Ten News Queensland have added a former Producer / Reporter to their reporting lineup on a freelance basis since about late August this year.

According to his LinkedIn profile

“Worked as a Journalist, Presenter and TV Producer at Ten from 2000 until 2008.”

First story:
https://twitter.com/scottbeveridge3/status/902820434265030657

From tonight:
https://twitter.com/channeltennews/status/915487203022663680

2 Likes

Scott is freelancing as I understand it. Fingers crossed CBS can fill a few vacancies around the network soon!

4 Likes

If CBS are going down the path of investing extra resources (back) into the newsrooms, I wouldn’t expect many changes within the next 6 months.

Changes are usually made above first. Expect new management to be implemented first.

Securing the Big Bash Cricket rights will be one of the first priorities for the Network.

5 Likes