Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Great to see Sandra back on national. I feel like that Sandra should return to national, but which program? Probably Studio 10?

I mean, then we can probably see Sarah Harris or Jessica Rowe take over the Sydney news (both are more than capable), or even Natarsha Belling. But in any case, Sandra is the best when she’s solo.

1 Like

As much as I like Sandra, I’m not a fan of her on Studio 10. She is renowned for being very guarded which impacts on her hosting a show where she needs to open up about herself and share her opinions. Late News should never have been cancelled in 2001 and it certainly should not have been reincarnated with a hipster as host.

6 Likes

Sandra Sully presenting on a Public Holiday?
Guess she’ll be taking some extra weeks off this year to make up for that!

7 Likes

Harsh. You literally just advocated for a new role for Sandra on Studio 10 three posts ago at the expense of not one, but two hosts who have been on the program since the beginning.

5 Likes

Matt Burke presenting Sport & Amanda Hart on Weather.

2 Likes

I was only referencing to the fact that Ten was always trying to find something for Sully after Late News was gone. I know she’s so iconic and I felt sorry for her because the axing of the late news wasn’t her fault. But for someone like Deborah Knight to make way for her was just bad management by Ten IMO.

I know you’re not gonna agree with me, but Sandra on the US Election with studio was amazing, which was why I started this proposal. I’m just expressing what I feel about the situation, so please don’t shoot me.

Not sure why you’d suggest Sandra join a panel show like Studio 10, when in the same post you said she works best solo.

6 Likes

Calling her a spoilt child doesn’t sound like someone who feels sorry for her. I don’t disagree that Sandra was and is great on Studio 10, or that Deb was treated unfairly, just a little confused as to your mixed sentiment. No shooting intended. :slight_smile:

Thanks. I should probably reword that.

No doubt Sandra’s a great presenter (one of Australia’s best IMO). I was just expressing how baffled I was at the state of Ten when Late News was axed. And the price Ten paid for getting a gig for Sandra was Deborah Knight shafted, which was really unfair. Having said so, Sandra shafted from the Late News’ axing was just as bad if not worse IMO.

1 Like

Spoilt child? Your proof of that? Love her or loath her, the reality is Sully is the most recognised newsreader in the country and Ten will always ensure she has a prominent gig. They are well aware if she doesn’t then another network eg Seven, would snap her up in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

Last time she hosted on a public holiday she had the next two weeks off. I wouldn’t be surprised if she is MIA next week.

1 Like

No need to get upset or confused. I am well aware of all my comments and how some parts might sound like rubbish, which is why I am still a learner as most people here would know and I am still learning from everyone here on MS everyday.

There’s no dispute that Sandra Sully is one of the most iconic presenters in the country, which has always convinced me that Sully should be fronting something which is more worthy ratings wise instead of fronting Sydney’s No.4 bulletin 5 times a week. All I’m saying that she (as well as many of her colleagues before and now) deserves better, that’s just my opinion. Spoilt child isn’t the right way of describing Sully, but that was just my feeling when Knight was axed in favour of her, nothing more.

Professionally, I think Deborah Knight’s career has done nothing but absolutely thrive at Nine and she’s a massive asset to the TCN newsroom just like some of the other Ten-turned-Nine talent there: Eddy Meyer, Gabrielle Boyle (even though she was at Seven briefly IIRC) and if you want to go back a couple of decades, Damian Ryan…enough said really.

Re, Sandra Sully: I don’t disagree that she’s one of the most iconic newsreaders on a national basis. But just looking at the local Sydney bulletins, I would personally argue that Peter Overton is the most iconic newsreader in town with Sandra and Juanita being a tie for #2. But that’s just my opinion, of course! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m far from upset. I was asking for proof of your ‘spoilt brat’ reference; you’ve clarified that it was merely your opinion.

Fine to say Ten should give her something with more exposure but at this point in time and for the foreseeable future there is nothing in Ten"s programming that she could front. Studio Ten actually rates lower than the Sydney bulletin. Most of the shows she has fronted during prime time have unfortunately tanked.

1 Like

Hugh Riminton is presenting news this weekend.

2 Likes

Mr. Riminton

1 Like

I wonder if he will be Tarsh’s main fill-in now?

Ten is training the new fill-ins.

8 Likes

Probably Sandra and Tarsha’s fill in.
Seven should try to poach him. He’s better than Ferguson & Usher.

Would be interesting to see if he can banter with Mel and Brownie. He doesn’t seem particularly good with bantering when he presents, probably because he doesn’t like Daily Bailey that much?