Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I don’t think they want to, they have to.

This will be Lachlan’s final national bulletin scheduled for the summer. I suspect Narelda will be doing the final week of national bulletins and Kimberley Soekov weekends for a few weeks.

1 Like

we were told it was going to be for 2 weeks quite some time ago on this forum.

1 Like

Where is this mentioned? As we were told that Lachlan was doing most of them.

So?

They desperately need to expand the news department. It’s been a few years of this tight arse stuff. Surely they’ve rebounded enough for expansion.

3 Likes

I agree.

If you ask me, Ten really needs to nurture and develop some future presenting talent in all markets, as well as giving more resources to their newsrooms across the country in 2017. At the moment it’s just not good enough IMO!

1 Like

Why if they continue airing only one bulletin at 5pm. The audience continues to decline, they need a primetime news service to complement the 5pm bulletin.

1 Like

According to Hugh Riminton via Twitter, he’s back today.

https://twitter.com/hughriminton/status/815727609187213312
the look kinda suits him in a weird way imo

He’s presenting the national bulletin this week. Would have preferred Narelda to stick around for another week.

2 Likes

I know you don’t like Hugh but he’s he most experienced person Ten has on its books and adds some sort of credibility to the networks news output. To think of the spades of expertise they let go over the years is a travesty. It is tantamount to self sabotage in some sort of effort to save money. One thinks they wouldn’t have gone bankrupt if they still had a decent news department. If it wasn’t for the intrusion of packer and murcdoch I think ten would be much stronger today if they had stayed the course under Blackley and his management team.

6 Likes

I don’t dislike him. He is excellent when presenting solo but IMO has zero chemistry with Sully which has attributed to the ratings tumbling in Sydney. It is something that needs to be addressed.

Narelda is certainly due for a break and it is pleasing to see Ten using experienced presenters over Christmas/New Year rather than the work experience kids.

6 Likes

I think Hugh is more suited to national bulletins TBH rather than the local Sydney bulletin IMO.

[quote=“Mischievous1, post:802, topic:168”]
Narelda is certainly due for a break and it is pleasing to see Ten using experienced presenters over Christmas/New Year rather than the work experience kids.
[/quote] I hope Narelda and Lachlan return to do the national bulletins some time this year. :smile:

1 Like

I actually think Sandra Sully would be more suited to national bulletins than the local Sydney news. Hugh Riminton is my preferred pick for a solo-presented Sydney news bulletin on Ten.

1 Like

I would actually but Natarsha Belling solo in Sydney. Both Hugh and Sandra aren’t really Sydney faces.

1 Like

[quote=“nationalnews, post:805, topic:168”]
I would actually but Natarsha Belling solo in Sydney. Both Hugh and Sandra aren’t really Sydney faces.
[/quote] Disagree. Sandra has lived and worked in Sydney for over 20 years and is seen all over the place. They don’t come much more familiar to Sydney viewers than her.

4 Likes

Monday (2.01.17) - Friday (6.01.17): Hugh Riminton is anchoring the national bulletins this week with Matt Burke on sport. Kate Freebairn is presenting the weather.

2 Likes

When have they used work experience kids?

They were hardly work experience kids but he is referring to presenters like Natasha Exelby, Dani Isdale, Hermione Kitson, Kimberley Soekov, etc. who filled the weekend and holiday spots at 5pm a few years back.

1 Like

Ahh yes. Sorry i was confused by that comment. I saw Natasha Exelby on ABC News 24 yesturday (evening) and she certainly has improved by far! She definetly suits working at ABC! Her presenting style is very good.

1 Like