Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Narelda wrote this for ten daily:

I was about to embark on a two-week work trip, which would see me step outside my comfort zone, work in a bigger environment and immerse myself in new challenges. I had butterflies, nerves and positive anxiety, but I was also looking forward to relaxing on the plane and spending the next four hours watching movies.

https://tendaily.com.au/views/a181009tkx/i-lost-my-phone-and-my-life-flashed-before-my-eyes-20181010

4 Likes

I understand her complete story, it’s happened to me before. What a great journalist, looking forward for her to coming back to Perth :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not impressed with the current relief presenter at the moment.

3 Likes

Careful. They are watching. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

I hope she’s coming back because at the end of the national weekend news she said she would see everyone next week. I think she’s not been here for three weeks now.

ninja edit: wouldn’t be surprised if they quietly promote her for the national gig without that much notice, if they were to do it I reckon now would be the time.

if that happens I would rather Lee Steele as presenter ahead of the other two backups. Also it just occurred to me this could happen, since I think Perth is the only market for Ten to have three regular back ups, why on earth would they need that much unless they’re doing something.

There’s a level of trust with Narelda for people in Perth, I think she would be up there as one of the longest presenters NEW10 have had, representing more than a third of the stations run.

4 Likes

I haven’t heard of any replacements for Perth. I think this is an extended work trip.

7 Likes

Freelance reporter Eammon Ashton-Atkinson reporting on the Royal Wedding for Ten.

4 Likes

Ten please hire him to be your permanent Europe Correspondent. He’s a good reporter and can be used extensively for news coverage in Europe.

10 Likes

Narelda Jacobs presenting news again this weekend.

Jonathan Williams presenting sport again this weekend.

7 Likes

I’m surprised CBS hasn’t yet leased out an expanded base in London.

1 Like

Yeah ideally I’d like to see a New York and London desk or backdrop from the CBS newsrooms for a local correspondent, even if they are a freelancer…

5 Likes

Lead report from Georgina McKerrow tonight in Brisbane

All Queensland bulletins tonight will be using their ‘weather experts’ to report on the heavy rain.

3 Likes

15/10/2018:
Narelda Jacobs is back presenting in Perth.

14 Likes

Brisbane got a live cross to Eammon in London

3 Likes

They’re using him a lot it seems. Probably need to have a permanent European bureau chief.

So there’s where last night’s national update came from, on the announcement that the Duchess of Sussex is pregnant.

3 Likes

Sydney

5 Likes

Thursday -
Caty Price presented sport in Melbourne tonight.

2 Likes

Hugh Riminton is presenting news with Brad McEwan presenting sport this weekend.

3 Likes

is Georgia Love still with Ten News. Her references to Ten News have been completely wiped off on social media.

She removed the references a while back and last reported on the 09/10 - just on holidays I believe.