Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Narelda didn’t present in Perth tonight…

Nerelda is presenting Sydney News updates today.

4 Likes

Wow, possibly covering Tarsh’s entire role while she is on holidays?

Could be in Sydney for the voice coaching which was reported, or other requirements regarding possible developments in the news department.

1 Like

voice coaching was done in each market locally.

1 Like

Narelda’s daughter lives in Sydney, she’s probably happy to spend a little bit of time there.

1 Like

Perhaps Narelda is in Sydney to discuss a new job opportunity?

Has she made an appearance on Studio 10 yet?

4 Likes

Tuesday & Wednesday -
Caty Price presenting sport in Melbourne.

1 Like

Saturday -

Jonathan Williams is presenting sport.

5 Likes

Just putting it out there, but does anyone else think Ten might be trying to introduce Narelda to a national audience in preparation for something? She’s done the weekend News for 2 weeks, Sydney updates, appeared on Studio 10 and now she is going to be on The Project on Wednesday…I mean, sure, she could just be covering Tarsh. But to have your lead anchor away for 2 whole weeks in another city and to be having her on these national programs…something seems up to me. But I could be wrong!

15 Likes

ugh, I hope she gets a huge national profile, but I want Perth to keep her. Something about her is more warm than Chiara, Lee and Nat, plus she just passed ten years as presenter for 5pm so kinda hoping for another 10 years of her here!

7 Likes

Agree entirely. Just get a feeling something is up. What I would like to see is a late bulletin from Perth, with her keeping the 5pm as well.

6 Likes

Chiara is so stale and doesn’t really resonate with viewers imo. I feel like I’m watching play school.

2 Likes

I would agree too. Lee Steele and Natalie Forrest are way better. It’s a shame that other talented journalists like Claire Grantham and Rebecca Munro left, and Ten Perth only has a handful number of staff.

Hopefully CBS can invest into more resources and employ more journalists in Perth. Considering they beat Nine regularly I think it’s worth the investment.

3 Likes

I thought they have already hired a good handful of staff in Perth since the CBS takeover?

1 Like

I would’ve thought it was to replenish staff who left during the administration period (it makes sense since Ten hired Lee Steele and Natalie Forrest after Claire and Rebecca left) but I could be wrong.

Ten would be wise to entice Tim McMillan and/or Emmy Kubainski to their network after how Nine treated them, but that’s just me. I think we should wait and see what happens in the future.

3 Likes

If I’m correct from what I have read on here, all states are at a “2014 level” of staff before they culled a lot of their employees.
So they’d have enough employees to easily run a 5PM bulletin, but that’s about it.

@lexington clarification?

2 Likes

Yes, the level that was decided ‘acceptable’ following 2014’s slash and burn.

Slowly but surely there are new hires here and there, laying the ground work for something. (all I know is that something has to be coming…)

5 Likes

Hopefully Ten are about to launch sometching which involves Narelda being utilised nationally. She’s an excellent talent. But in regards to appearances on Studio 10 and The Project, perhaps Ten are just keeping her busy in between weekend bulletins.

9 Likes

Do Ten News have assigned positions anymore, outside of the obvious like Parliamant House? (e.g.) Finance Reporter, Court Reporter, Crime Reporter, etc?

Noticed Seven and Nine refer to these a lot these days.

I recall Ten having a prominant finance presence in news during say 2008-2012, not only was finance covered in detail on early news with Kath Robinson, but occasionally Natarsha Belling would interview her in a segment on the Morning News. You also had Jacquie Maddock who left Parliament House bureau and became the network’s Finance Reporter, people like Frank Colletta (remember him?) and Richard Davies (went to ABC or SBS?) also had CommSec backgrounds and would also fill-in / report.

Ten seems to have opted for a more ‘general duites’ approach in recent years with the mass losses. Though we’re told here major changes are coming?

there are some “expert” roles, but nothing so strict as a specific “beat” for a journo.

I like that though, means that the “crime” reporter can do a fluff piece on the rspca fundraiser without it being silly.

But Clare Barnes in Brisbane is usually court, Pippa usually crime, Josh is the weather “expert” etc.

4 Likes