Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Absolute News Corp piece of shit journalism still having sour grapes yet again. Its normal for tv newsrooms to have voice training! All aussie networks do it from time to time! :joy::joy:

9 Likes

In response to the question…

Wouldn’t this be a good thing? A review and possible increase of news can only be a good thing because if Ten want to properly compete with the big boys (Seven, Nine, ABC), the news/current affairs department needs to be provided with the additional resources they’ve been starved of for years.

I agree. Remember the rumours published in Sydney Confidential a few years back about Mark Ferguson getting voice coaching?

Meanwhile at Nine, I’m also fairly sure Peter Overton has had voice coaching/training somewhere along the line because his newsreading style was still very much in “60 Minutes reporter mode” (if you get where I’m coming from) during the bulletins he read in 2008 and 2009, compared to the more dramatic/6pm news-like reading style of recent years.

It’s just learning and development
Every organisation should be investing in their staff, just cos you are on tv doesn’t mean you can’t learn and get better at your craft

Maybe News Corp should take a leaf and train their staff how to write and spell and add value to the world rather than generate negativity

9 Likes

They should look at sky news…now that’s a piece of shit! Ten’s newsroom are already superior to them!

2 Likes

I can think of a few Sky presenters who need some vocal training cough Credlin cough

I’d be happy if they could get Tim Bailey to stop shouting the weather.

6 Likes

Knock knock, open up the door, it’s real. The Daily Bailey is why I still wake up in the morning (at 5:55pm) and go to sleeep (at 5:59pm)

He taught me how to pump it out (whether it was on prime or not, that’s a different question altogether).

Tim’s antics is what holds the bulletin together and is exactly what you should expect on the weather wall where you get it all

also Tim or anyone at ten (pass it on to Tim), if you’re reading this send me a pm xoxoxo

7 Likes

Heaven forbid he is what CBS are hoping the other presenters emulate!

1 Like

I really don’t think Jennifer Keyte needs voice coaching. She would have the most over-enunciated voice of anyone I know (and that’s not necessarily a criticism).

1 Like

you are all gobbling up this News Corp article hook line and sinker.

5 Likes

Um, they do

I have to say no one enunciated like Mal Walden. And CBS is right - it does give it a powerful, majestic kind of effect.

3 Likes

Saturday -

Lachlan Kennedy is presenting news

With Matt Burke presenting sport and Josh Holt presenting weather from Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane tonight.

3 Likes

flicking through this, 9 News, News Channel and 7 News: Eagles Edition 7 News Perth between the footy games with a friends and the first thing we wanted to know is if Lachlan’s left eye is okay? it looked quite closed and red :confused:

1 Like

Sunday -

Lachlan Kennedy is presenting news with Emma Lawrence presenting sport

And Josh Holt presenting weather again tonight.

2 Likes

Emma Lawrence presenting sport.

1 Like

Quite like Emma Lawrence.

2 Likes

Monday -

Sandra Sully is back presenting in Sydney tonight.

3 Likes

Wednesday & Thursday -

Emma Lawrence presenting sport in Sydney.

5 Likes