Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I don’t see why not? She’s out of contract with Seven. They might get her to do some fill in work on The Project and some in-depth stores for Ten News.

Ten may want to keep her away from presenting Ten News Melbourne, until they’re ready to relaunch. Similar to what seven did in 1988 with Keyte.

Sunday -

Caty Price presenting sport.

Josh Holt presenting the weather.

2 Likes

Did she present from Melbourne?

With Tarsh in the Sydney studio.

2 Likes

Ten sent Hugh Riminton to Singapore to cover the summit. Good to see them covering something overseas when they may have not last year.

Any word on who’s covering the World Cup from Russia for ten?? Last time it was Mel Macgualign.

4 Likes

Chiara Zaffino is presenting in Perth tonight.

1 Like

Lee Steele and Natalie Forrest would be better options.

3 Likes

Chiara - that’s how you spell her first name! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Basically what we already knew.

2 Likes

Ten not covering the soccerroos campaign this time around with a report it seems. Poor effort. They’ve made some food inroads of late but this is poor considering they’ve covered it in the past.

1 Like

Who cares about the socceroos

2 Likes

Everyone, during the World Cup.

5 Likes

It’s a major world sports event, ten are the alleged free to air home of the socceroos. There’s hype around the event and it would be good to capture the colour and excitement of many of the Aussie fans who have made it over there.

3 Likes

With all due respect I’m sorry but you cannot keep defending Ten’s decisions on not covering the Socceroos campaign, especially since it’s almost time for the FIFA World Cup.

I know there are big stories and bigger stories which may seem more newsworthy but I don’t see why they cannot cover the Socceroos campaign.

6 Likes

What do people mean by “not covering” ? No reporter or no news stories?

Yes no reporters, no live crosses to the camp. It’s always been covered like that in the past and the event warrants it.

I see. There was a lengthy prominent report on Ten News in Brisbane tonight. Better than Nine where there was no coverage at all.

2 Likes

A looklive would’ve been good aswell!

Ten isn’t willfully ignoring the world cup, it’s more a case of having limited resources and manpower.

Nine and Seven have sent personnel from their European Bureaus, whilst SBS has a full production team there for their onsite world cup coverage. Fox Sports have also sent Daniel Garb. Don’t believe there is anyone from the ABC.

Ten, however, are limited in the number of personnel they can send, simply because in terms of actual manpower they don’t have a lot to spare (even if they seemingly have an open chequebook from CBS). They have only one designated foreign correspondent in Hugh Riminton (in that he’ll cover international events over local ones), who is in Singapore with the Trump/Kim summit.

Ten had to pull local reporter Joe Hill out of Brisbane to follow the Jeff Horn fight in Las Vegas, which means the Brisbane bulletin is light one reporter.

Bence Hamerli (a former 9 and SBS reporter) has the Socceroos round, but to send him overseas would remove one reporter from Sydney, which has plenty of local sport media ops every day and is also the home of Ten’s network news operations.

And ultimately, the Socceroos will be out within two weeks, and for many Australians, that’s where interest wanes. Its the reason a commercial network hasn’t invested in the biggest sport event in the world yet, because the perception is that Australian’s only care about Aussie teams doing well.

When a network doesn’t have any international bureaus, it’s very difficult to cover events like these.

11 Likes