Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Maybe she was referring to this? Filming some piece to Cameras for WIN to incorporate into a promo like the other states?

3 Likes

There’s a new combined promo airing down here at the moment (first saw it the other night) with Ten News, WIN News and The Project which has a piece to camera with Stephen and Candice included in it. I’ve only seen the one version so far so maybe they’ve done another one. It’s similar to what the other states receive.

1 Like

Candice Wyatt presenting solo in Melbourne tonight.

Amanda Hart reporting stories from Afghanistan this week.

1 Like

Wow. A big change from their normal focus. Any particular reason why?

The ADF would’ve paid for her to go over. They are generally puff pieces. If ten had invested in this they may have promoted it.

They are doing nothing for the dwindling ratings. Use to be a time slot winner and now they are hovering around 400k

2 Likes

Sandra Sully and Hugh Riminton clash over social media plugs

A CHANNEL 10 news executive has confirmed he played “peacemaker” in a tense standoff between evening news anchors Hugh Riminton and Sandra Sully… Relations between the two now said to be “frosty”.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more with Hugh though. It’s pretty poor form that journalists are deceptively plugging companies- it may easily become a conflict of interest.

Sully doesn’t deceptively plug companies, she openly does it and has had Ten’s blessing in doing so. She has been given time off for years to attend all expenses paid Audi Race Week under the guise of MCing an event or two. She has been receiving a free new Audi every year for eons, as does Matt Burke. There was a missed opportunity by the media for a story when Burke posted on Instagram a photo of the pairs new Audis in the Ten car park.

A frosty relationship between Sully and Riminton will make no difference whatsoever to their onscreen chemistry - they have none. They are both great newsreaders but have not gelled at all.

6 Likes

I reckon TEN should swap Belling & Sully, the 2 nights on a weekend would probably suit Sandra’s busy schedule and I reckon she’s always had more national appeal from her Late News days. They would be better off giving the role to someone who would actually be there most of the time and wants the job.

It would also free her up to use some of her connections to do some Parkinson type in depth interviews for the network to beef up their schedule and contribute to their News & Current Affairs (or lack thereof) schedule which I think she would be great at.

Wishful thinking :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Sandra needs to be solo again. Sandra doesn’t show her personality as much these days only when Hugh is off… its such a shame… I’m not a fan of Hugh at all TBH.

1 Like

Many other journalists do

I dont know if solo is the answer but together theyre not a good combo.

2 Likes

A return of WANTED perhaps?

1 Like

Much better here IMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfbAGxG4OZA

Even though this is from Sydney Confidential (anything they publish should be taken with a grain of salt), this is exactly NOT the type of article that I think Ten’s Sydney newsroom would like to see at a time they’re struggling in the ratings.

I know that not everyone’s going to agree with me, but I think it should be Hugh Riminton who presents Sydney’s weeknight news solo. If Ten were willing to promote Hugh Riminton in the same way that Seven and Nine have promoted their main Sydney newsreaders in the past, I think the bulletin would probably rate considerably better than it does now.

Sandra Sully would probably be better presenting the weekend news, where she can build on her national popularity that goes back to her days on the late news as killy suggested above.

Mind you, that’s not the only presenter change that Ten should really consider making to their Sydney news bulletin. Weather, anyone? :wink:

2 Likes

Problem with that idea is Sully is more popular with viewers than Riminton. It will never happen but an all female doubleheader, Sully and Bath, would be a better option.

Edit: what the honchos wouldn’t be liking is the fact there’s obviously a leak in their newsroom.

4 Likes

Kimberley Soekov presenting news this weekend.

2 Likes

No doubt due to Tarsh taking the school holidays off to spend time with her family.

3 Likes

Kimberley is a really good presenter, IMO, and would be the perfect anchor from the current staff for a revived Early/Morning News on Ten. However, I know either is highly unlikely.

2 Likes