Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Because only 1 of the 3 double headers actually works.

Put @blackbox up to the job, he would do great things

16 Likes

Wow, I have no words. Really feel for Lachlan in all of this, relocating to Brisbane for the opportunity only to be shafted to reporting again. Heā€™s a massive asset to TEN and I hope he sticks around after this

16 Likes

I think you missed what I was responding to (look at the post immediately before mine, which I guess perhaps I shouldā€™ve quoted):

[quote=ā€œTV-ACT, post:1543, topic:61ā€]
I think you missed what I was responding to [/quote]

Sorry :blush:

1 Like

Wasnā€™t it only a few years ago that they shafted double headers originally? Why bring them back again then? Why dump them again again?

Ten is where logic goes to die in the arse.

9 Likes

(Yes Iā€™m quoting/repeating myself. :open_mouth:)

1 Like

I think because Ten Eyewitness news ratings have gone down since they went to double headers and sees Ten Perth as the strongest bulletin of the network they decided to go with the format to boost up the ratings again especially how now nine dont do the 5pm anymore due to extended hot seat.

They barely promote their bulletin for fucks sake. Of course their ratings are going to suck if they donā€™t give their service ample exposure.

ā€œOh it must be that pesky second presenter causing our ratings to tank, nope canā€™t be poor promotion nope no sireeeā€

6 Likes

I wonder if they will promote this?

It also means they have senior reporters again instantly. Something they lack sometimes, really wish theyā€™d do something at 9.30pm though. Not enough eyes at 5.

8 Likes

After they shot all those promos they never aired they now have made changes again.

I really donā€™t understand what they have done in the news department. They really need to be expanding rather than making shitty tweaks to the presenting line up.

9 Likes

Ergh!? Canā€™t believe Iā€™m just reading about this.

I am over this shit :neutral_face:

I have supported Ten News for so long now, through all the ups and downs & even defended them when I probably shouldnā€™t have and argued with many members on MediaSpy. I even have a cupboard full of VCR recordings going back many years.

If every one of my profile pictures over the years hasnā€™t said something tooā€¦

I think Iā€™m permenantly jumping ship to Seven News (as Iā€™ve gradually done over the past few years anyway, particularly after gaining the AFL rights and other programming, I started watching thr network more).

As many know, I was once a 90% Ten viewer!

Poor Candice, she derves so much better, I mean what would she be thinking ā€œdid I do something wrong, etcā€!? She has been a brilliant presenter, is flawless and talented, was also once praised on-air by Mal Walden.

I want to cry :cry: WHENā€¦ WILLā€¦ ITā€¦ ENDā€¦

1 Like

I totally agree. I have long supported Ten News even after all this crap. Iā€™ve just always preferred their service but Iā€™m totally over it.

Nine News it is for me unless Ten magically fix themselves up.

1 Like

Agree. The double headers havenā€™t worked in several markets. It certainly was a major issue in Sydney which had to be addressed and now it has. The positive is TEN has now bolstered itā€™s senior reporter ranks without spending a dime.

3 Likes

Double headers was all Melbourne knew. Mal and Jen, Mal and Helenā€¦
I feel like this is a constant merry-go-round, 2ā€¦ then 1ā€¦ 2ā€¦ then 1ā€¦ next they will axe all local bulletins!
Itā€™s ridiculous. Itā€™s funny because from what I have heard Tens news service is seen as a bit of a joke within the industry - you mention it and people laugh. There used to be respect for it pre news revolution then it just became a laughing stock.

5 Likes

Before I start, let me just make it clear that I think every TV network has talented presenters, reporters and people working behind the scenes who probably donā€™t always get the recognition that they should. But at the same time, I also strongly disagree with many of the decisions that have made by higher level management in recent years.

For a while I thought that Tenā€™s news service mightā€™ve been a little better than Sevenā€™s (theyā€™re so bad in the Sydney market that Iā€™m sure even people who donā€™t live here know how pathetic Seven News Sydney really is), but now I personally think theyā€™re both toxic and unwatchable due to the boneheaded decisions made by management in recent years.

No wonder Nine News is the ratings leader in Sydney, because they listen to their audience and give them what they want most of the time. ABC News NSW is still the best and I wish more people watched it of course, but Nine is certainly the pick of a decidedly ordinary bunch of commercial TV news bulletins here in Sydney these days IMO.

1 Like

I only see the Sydney bulletin so I donā€™t know what this news means for other cities, but this is great for Sydney, I think we can all agree Sandra and Hugh work better when they are not together.

I think we can also agree with blackbox should be promoted to the head of news and current affairs

7 Likes

Yes, but thereā€™s only so much blackbox could do, if selected for the role. More money and resources provided by senior management might help.

3 Likes

I always found it interesting how 10 News went against the grain of there rivals with presenters
If you exclude Brisbane (where the double header worked well)
In Perth & Adelaide 7 & 9 have 2 presenters - 10 have a single presenter
In Melbourne & Sydney 7 & 9 have a single presenter - 10 had a 2 presenter team.

Surely it would be better to look at each market individually and do what works best for each particular market than this ā€˜one size fits allā€™ national look.

5 Likes