Ten Cricket Coverage

Did the playout go into recovery mode then?

After the black screen, the coverage resumed and the most obvious thing was there was no watermark. But looking back it was apparent that the coverage was SD. Also, there were no commercials during the remainder of the cricket coverage. There was a network promo between programs and commercials about 12 minutes into Body Hack.

Looks like all those recovery mode training runs paid off, if there was a major problem somewhere in playout.

4 Likes

Def something happened in presentation!

true for the most part. Tasmanian and NT grounds have no fibre access. Etihad and the MCG I believe have two fibre connections

3 Likes

Yeah sorry I should of said “most grounds” :+1:

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Broadcast Facilities

Someone decided it was a good idea to put pics of a Sunrise tour of Seven’s facilities in a Ten Cricket thread for some reason so those posts have been moved.

9 Likes

Though when the cricket was on TEN in SD, it was in HD on WIN.

So sounds like there was a network playout feed issue from Sydney, but WIN may have been getting a direct feed.

I reckon they did this as a KFC sponsor smooth over because the last time the exact same commentary combination was on they actually decided to show them passing around some Red Rooster chips that Swanny went to town on during a commercial.

1 Like

Channel change advice in Brisbane

6 Likes

Much better than previous years when the whole game was delayed on TEN.

Meanwhile, Adelaide viewers have been joining the coverage at 7:40 DST / 7:10 CDT meaning they only get 40 minutes of “The Project” I gather?

2 Likes

Why is Andy Maher wearing his shorts instead of long pants in the commentary box?

It’s hot.

5 Likes

Its Darwin :+1:

1 Like

That was when The Project is on. It means not only Adelaide viewers miss out on The Project feature interview until the late night replay, they also miss out on the team changes in the BBL. A better way is to show the first 30 minutes of BBL on One.

Actually it’s in Alice springs.

1 Like

Correct…I’d be wearing shorts too :wink:

1 Like

Pitty the pitch is as slow as it is. Gilly also wearing shorts, is there a problem with that? If females can wear a dress and show off legs why can’t males wear shorts?

I think it’s fine, and it’s not like people don’t wear them. This is Australia and it’s time we start dressing like it.

6 Likes

They crossed to Roger and he thanked the Ten wardrobe for allowing them all to wear shorts.

4 Likes

Sixers v Heat game finished at 10:07pm. Sixers got over the line to beat the Heat by 9 wickets with 10 overs to spare. Quickest chase in BBL history.

6 Likes