Tasmanian Radio

Nice to see a new operator giving it ago, whats your primary formats?

1 Like

In general terms COUNTRY…but very open to ideas… JR

2 Likes

Devil Country 87.6 has a nice ring to it! Your FM is a little generic for mine.

1 Like

Thanks for the comment …JR

1 Like
4 Likes

Hobart Hit 100.9 breakfast duo Jimmy and Nath will go national from this weekend (February 19).
See:

2 Likes

SCA regional out of talent to send this across the network?

1 Like

You’d also complain if it was yet another metro combo and regionals talent got overlooked.
This is a great opportunity for regional talent to build a national profile. Weekend breakfast has too often been a holding pen for unwanted talent still under contract who just left the network at the end of the year anyway. This is far better for talent development. It’s early days still, but this is really the first step for Jimmy & Nath getting a metro breakfast of national drive shift - and more importantly for SCA, having someone lined up for when that’s needed.

2 Likes

Better talent exists within network than those two. Have you heard them?

Coming from & working in that market, you have to be good & even if you tick every box, you could still be rejected.
Hobart is brutal for acceptance, you really have to win them over especially in an area that despises “change”.

They’ve earned their stripes & the last survey result has been years of hard work (not to mention those early starts in the very cold Hobart winter).

Wishing them nothing but success, sure they’d be perfect for weekend breakfast

5 Likes
2 Likes

As mentioned in Hit Network thread, Jimmy and Nath is leaving Hit 100.9 weekday breakfast and taking over Hit Network 9-11pm timeslot from June 20 (while keeping their national weekend breakfast show). Dan and Christie will be the new co-hosts of weekday breakfast from next week.

2 Likes

edit: apologies - I just saw this was already covered in the regional ratings thread. :man_facepalming:

Hobart radio ratings dropped today.

Overall tight between Hit on 21.2 (-) and 7HO 21.0 (+1.6). ABC Hobart third on 14.8 (-1.7), Triple J on 13.8 (+1.8) and Triple M sits on 9.3 (-1.1).

Jimmy & Nath leave Hobart breakfast radio with a 22.8 share (+1.0) followed by 7HO on 19.9 (+0.4), ABC Hobart on 17.6 (-0.3), Triple J on 13.7 (+2.0) and Triple M on 9.1 (-1.2).

4 Likes

Hayes has many family ties to Hobart, discovering a family secret on the first day of the show.

“I have a really strong family history here too. I actually found out on air by my mother this morning that I was conceived here,” she added. “I’ve got so many, aunts, uncles, the whole shebang down here, so I’ve wanted to do this for a long time.”

2 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

Triple M Orange was 2GZ, not Star, now Hit, originally FM105.x

1 Like

I think the confusion might stem from the fact that (s)hit’s callsign is 2GZF, whilst Triple M’s is 2OAG. You would think it would be the other way around, particularly since DMG were fond of using IATA airport codes for their stations (Orange Airport= OAG, Sydney= SYD, etc.)

1 Like

It actually makes perfect sense given your explanation. Hit/2GZF is the s39 station for 2GZ. After DMG purchased the stations, the other FM licences came up for auction which DMG purchased, giving it the callsign 2OAG. This then allowed DMG to convert 2GZ to FM and sell the AM licence.

2 Likes