Tasmanian Radio

I never said you did… EVERYBODY is allowed an opinion… but when people make opinion and turn it into a judgement thats when I have an issue…

exactly like that… how would you know why and why would pass that kind of judgement … after all its people lives and well beings your passing judgement on

Those bullet points were not pointed at you… you took them and thought I was talking to you… it was aimmed at @crankymedia

So to that end, that my “holier then thou” comment/attitude was the reason my colleagues arent continuing in there job… thats just wrong, a low blow and a shitful thing to say

have your opinion by all means… but learn who who is talking to who here before you jump in and start a shit fight

I dont care about ratings… all I care about is technical… I dont care if we play horse racing radio all day

I think it’s time to chill out…with a holiday to temperate Tassie, perhaps!

On that subject, I was in Hobart for the floods in May 2018. The ABC radio stations went off air but from memory the commercial FMs stayed on throughout. The TV also went out from Mt W at one stage. A wretched night, but I felt privileged to witness thunder and lightning in Hobart Town.

Mount W was out of action due to land slips for a while after that- I tried to drive up a few days later but couldn’t. Finally made it up in November on a second visit- weather was sleety showers and 3C. The windchill was about -11 from memory but I’ve seen -20 and below before. Certainly would be interesting working on the txs up there in winter.

3 Likes

Ive been up there in some terrible weather… cant see 2 foot in front of you.

If there was ever a picture that shows global warming is real this would be it!

2 Likes

Near Bombala NSW an entire steam train was buried in snow in the 1940s…that area barely sees a flake these days. You can get Tassie radio from Mount Cooper, 1040 m ASL between Bombala and Nimmitabel, usually just Mount Barrow but I have had 7XS from there:

3 Likes

This year’s radio ratings for Hobart has been released.

2 Likes

1 Like

Brian Carlton will be doing Triple M Hobart breakfast starting November 18 there is a paywall article on The Mercury website about it.

5 Likes
1 Like

Unless Brian wants to live in Tasmania, I don’t think he’ll be there long. Fitzy has a desire for more talk and Brian is perfect to assist him in those plans.

The impression I got was it was one of the reasons he moved down there after leaving 2UE. He regularly went there on holidays and fell in love with the place. I don’t now in him cause he isn’t Robinson Caruso there.

1 Like

I thought he moved to be near family, most of whom had already moved to Tasmania. I assumed he’d have been near them in Launceston. If that’s the case, moving to Hobart would mean moving away from said family.

2 Likes

Though its not far… much closer to Launceston than being on the mainland is.

1 Like

First order of business: an OB from the Cat and Fiddle Arcade (@radioengineer).

The dish ran away with the Spoonman.

5 Likes

Is that Macka ex-MaxFM Taree?

Is it perennially overcast in Hobart? Macka was of a much darker/tanned complexion when was in Taree and previous gigs.

Hobart is actually sunnier than most people think due to the rain shadow effect from Mt. W. The UV is a lot less intense than Taree of course. There are a lot of days in the 'Bart that alternate between quick sunshine, quick showers, then back to sunshine again. Take both sunscreen and a raincoat if you’re visiting at this time of year (as I did in 2018).

Great to see your station going from strength to strength, Josh. You put everyone here to shame considering your tender age!

7 Likes
1 Like