Tasmania State Election - March 2018

1 Like

A few caps from WIN News, waiting for the Ten Eyewitness News recording to get the other snaps and then Southern Cross. Sorry the order is a bit stuffed, will try and get that fixed.

There was no intro, which was a bit awkward, just a WIN sponsor screen Funny moment at the beginning with the OTS in front and then flicking to at the back of Lucy.
I had to include the shot with Rebecca White and her family with the big Southern Cross exit poll banner in the background.
Alison Costelloe was on location at a pub in North Hobart. There is also one from the tally room and an interview with Cassy O’Connor from the Greens in the dark, just the way they like to keep us.

(upload://rLWRJUw6HaQYnp8MqMSwXraspsi.png)

4 Likes

Sky News is tough watching - David keeps talking over the two people in Hobart

1 Like

The rest of the WIN News bulletin wasn’t much. Went to the ad-break at the end and then joined into Ten News with the first section missed. An ad later on had a promo for the full election results on Monday at 6pm

3 Likes

Some images from Southern Cross… with new graphics!

The intro:

Election Coverage - The first 15 minutes or so of the bulletin.

To Other News Now:

![vlcsnap-error941|690x388]

The Weather:

A final cross back to the tally room for a few minutes:

The End:
Uploading…

5 Likes

Sky News

Apologies for the skewiff pictures. I’m watching on Foxtel Now so recording isn’t viable and taking photos of the TV is my best option. There was a dual presenter shot in the studio earlier but I missed it and it hasn’t returned for over half an hour.

Titles

Results staying up during the breaks now (they weren’t earlier)

2 Likes

Some caps from the Southern Cross news update during Australian Spartan (not MKR as previously scheduled)

4 Likes

I’ll go through my recordings tomorrow but all the times I have checked I’ve seen no further updates on Southern Cross or WIN. After all the hype about their coverages, I’m a bit surprised. Have seen none of the speeches other than on ABC.
Interesting too, with the ABC coverage you can see the “Southern Cross - your station” banners in the background of the tally room.

1 Like

For everyone interested, :wink:

they could have colour coded the parties??

also that Sky intro is so generic, did they just rip it off you tube?

More ABC caps:

2 Likes

Insiders:

1 Like

ABC Opener and Closer:

Some more WIN graphics:

Southern Cross:

Sorry I didn’t get these up earlier, I can see abesty has put up the Southern Cross promo ones. I’m trying to find a copy of them from one of my WIN News recordings too.

A few caps from an update on WIN News during NCIS on the night (similar to above but interesting to see TBC% for the vote counted on a few of the pages) and an update from TDT from tonight.

As for radio coverage, it sounds like The Sizzle which was on ABC radio and Facebook live stream was quite popular with ABC Hobart breakfast presenter Ryk Goddard. Also, I did notice in the lead up to the election there was a story just about every program of AM, The World Today and PM on ABC Radio which was good. Usually we seem to share our coverage by often having the election on the same day as SA.

1 Like

Thanks to @ando9185 for great work on the night with all that they’ve contributed and more that wasn’t.

I’m surprised no one made comment of the big problem viewing ABC’s coverage, least via 24 nationally.

Terrible sound problems. OD mic used in tally room picking up all background noise instead of panellists. Directional needed or personal mics weren’t working.

1 Like