Superwog

Comedy gold! Superwog’s Mum will always be my favourite to watch.

I’d love to see the Aussie Family (from the YouTube series not this Ep1) pop up briefly. Superwog’s Family brawls in public, Betty and Brian watch from the other end of the street.

2 Likes

Haha, at first I thought I was watching a factual documentary about my Italian family :joy:

1 Like

There were some good laughs in it for me even though it was really loud and over the top. I don’t see why they needed to drop so many c-bombs and f-bombs though. It doesn’t add to the humour in my opinion and find them unnecessary in a comedy show.

These guys are very talented and have huge amounts of charisma. Good luck to them.

1 Like

the aus vs wog/ wog vs asian/ asian vs Aussie videos were always the best ones!

lmao dude it’s because thats how the majority of us younguns talk. It’s OTT but that’s the hilarity aspect of it all. it’s the language of their target audience as well as it of the young wogs they parody.

3 Likes

I just find it unnecessary. Those words can make a big impact or be really funny in the right spot. But if you overuse them, they don’t make any impact.

What I found OTT was the father’s constant over reaction to everything. Again, a bit of restraint would have been better, to then emphasise the moments when he was flipping out.

yeah that’s what they’re going for. it’s not meant to be the punchline to a joke or anything impactful. it’s already overused with younger people in generic conversations. it’s just a reflection of the whole demographic but OTT.

if you think that’s OTT, watch me go to my Nonna’s house and her reaction to when I say I’m not hungry, she has to pray to give her strength to not belt me for such blasphemy. Every one of us is OTT, it’s in our nature, again a reflection of their target demographic.

3 Likes

“Heppy Ostralien Dae…” :joy::joy:

1 Like

I thought that was the funniest aspect. Loved it.

1 Like

I probably don’t need to remind you that another episode is available on You Tube. I see ep 1 has 2,258,933 views

2 Likes

Five million views and growing – Aussie audiences loving Superwog

Australian audiences are flocking to YouTube and ABC COMEDY to watch Superwog , the first half-hour comedy series from online stars Theo and Nathan Saidden. Funded by ABC, Screen Australia, YouTube and Film Victoria, and with a unique dual online and broadcast release strategy, Superwog has proved a monster success, with the first three episodes clocking over 5 million views across the Superwog and ABC COMEDY YouTube channels.

Released to YouTube on Sunday 7 October, Episode One Breaking Dad achieved 1 million views in just 48 hours, while Episode Two The Family Jewels achieved 1 million views in just 24 hours. Episode Three The Final Exam , released overnight, is already at 800,000 views and counting. Each of the three episodes released so far has trended #1 on YouTube in Australia, with an extraordinary 90% of the audience both Australian and aged 13-49. The Superwog YouTube channel has now hit 1 million subscribers.

On ABC COMEDY, where Superwog is the channel’s first scripted comedy series and screens Tuesdays at 9.30pm, the show increased 40% in overnight viewership from Episode One to Episode Two. Episode Two was up 56% on the 2018 Tuesday 9.30pm timeslot average, largely driven by an influx of viewers aged 0-49 (55%), while Episode One was ABC COMEDY’s most watched weekly show on iview in ratings week 41.

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

SUPERWOG SERIES 2 STARTS PRODUCTION

Off the back of their smash hit #1 trending first season, ABC and Screen Australia are delighted to announce that a second series of the irreverent comedy series Superwog is going into production this week in Melbourne.

Created by and starring brothers Theodore and Nathan Saidden, the new episodes will dive further into Superwog’s volatile family as he and his Dad chase their passions, test their friendships, fight with relatives and butt heads with authorities.

Produced by Superwog and Princess Pictures, the six-part series follows a highly dysfunctional family as they struggle to navigate life in Australian suburbia. Superwog (Theodore Saidden) and Johnny (Nathan Saidden) are not your average teenagers. They are best friends and newly minted adults who still fight with their parents and watch too much TV. As they try to make a go of it in their inimitable way, highly influenced by their families and constantly clashing with the rules and expectations of ‘Aussie’ society around them, mayhem follows.

“We couldn’t be prouder of Theo and Nathan,” said Mike Cowap , Senior Producer, Princess Pictures. “Season One saw the talented brothers make the successful leap from short-form episodes to half hours, and huge audiences flocked to their energetic, fast-paced, culturally rich comedy. The fans have been demanding another season and we’re thrilled and honoured to reveal it’s happening!”

ABC Head of Comedy Todd Abbott says “ Superwog is a phenomenon. It has struck a chord with an enormous audience by showing a version of the Australian experience that is rarely seen on screens.”

Screen Australia’s Senior Online Investment Manager Lee Naimo says, “We were impressed by Theo and Nathan Saidden’s well-crafted scripts which, centering on the relationship between Superwog and Johnny, go right to the heart of what’s great about Superwog . I’m confident Season Two will engage fans and newcomers alike, and we’re excited to see it head into production in Melbourne.”

Production Credits: Superwog Series 2 is a Superwog and Princess Pictures production for the ABC with major production funding from the ABC in association with Screen Australia, and financed with support from Film Victoria and Screen NSW. Created, written, co-produced by and starring Theodore Saidden and Nathan Saidden. Produced by Mike Cowap and Antje Kulpe. Directed by Theodore Saidden. Executive Producers Emma Fitzsimons, Elia Eliades and Katherine Dale. ABC Executive Producers Todd Abbott and Andrew Gregory.

2 Likes

SUPERWOG

SEASON 2

Superwog and Johnny are not your average teenagers. They are co-dependent best friends, struggling to make the leap from adolescence to young adulthood. Their distorted views of the world, risky judgements and dubious decision- making skills often lead them to trouble, with mayhem inevitably following as the pair strive to fit in and gain social status in a predominately ‘Aussie’ society.

Off the back of their smash hit #1 trending first season, they will dive further into Superwog’s volatile family unit, exploring themes like father and son rivalry, the pursuit of love, friendship and loyalty, family relationships, and cultural comparisons.

6 x 26 Episodes

P R O D U C T I O N C R E D I T S

A Superwog and Princess Pictures production for the ABC with principal production funding from the ABC in association with Screen Australia, and financed with support from Film Victoria and Screen NSW. Created, written, co- produced by and starring Theodore Saidden and Nathan Saidden. Produced by Mike Cowap and Antje Kulpe. Directed by Theodore Saidden. Executive Producers Emma Fitzsimons, Elia Eliades and Katherine Dale. ABC Executive Producers Todd Abbott and Andrew Gregory.

1 Like

Filming took place at Hoppers Crossing at Melbourne’s outer west last Friday.

1 Like

Season 2

New Superwog hits ABC iview on June 13

Off the back of their smash hit #1 trending first season, ABC is delighted to announce that the second season of the irreverent comedy series – Superwog – drops Sunday 13 June with all episodes available to binge from 6pm on ABC iview. Created by and starring brothers Theodore and Nathan Saidden, the new series dives into Superwog and his Dad’s misadventures as they chase their passions, test their friendships, fight with relatives and butt heads with authorities. The new season is guaranteed to make you squirm and laugh!

Produced by Superwog and Princess Pictures, the six-part series follows a highly dysfunctional family tackling life in Australian suburbia, often head on. Superwog (Theodore Saidden) and Johnny (Nathan Saidden) are best friends and newly minted adults who still fight with their parents and watch too much TV. But now they’re also taking their driving tests, romancing cheerleaders and trying to stay one step ahead of the law.

Production credits: A Superwog and Princess Pictures production for the ABC with major production funding from the ABC in association with Screen Australia, and financed with support from Film Victoria and Screen NSW. Created, written, co-produced by and starring Theodore Saidden and Nathan Saidden. Produced by Mike Cowap and Antje Kulpe. Directed by Theodore Saidden. Executive Producers Emma Fitzsimons, Elia Eliades and Katherine Dale. ABC Executive Producers Andrew Gregory and Lauren Merolli. ABC Head of Comedy Todd Abbott.

Season Two of Superwog will premiere on ABC iview on Sunday 13 June at 6pm AEST with all episodes available to binge.

The series will be broadcast on ABC TV from Wednesday 16 June at 9.30pm.

1 Like