Supermarkets and Retail

Won’t we be seeing the Caltex Woolworths stations disappearing shortly because of the takeover from BP?

The ACCC blocked that plan.

Are you referring to the signage on the side of the awning? There is a big segment of white missing on the far left hand side. The actual awning itself is as old as the hills as it has that circular design that was commonplace 30 years ago with Mobil servos. images

Wow!

1 Like

This is my local bunnings store, I’ve literally spent thousands of dollars and countless hours in there. Sad to see it go up in flames and very lucky nobody was hurt.

Looking forward though, it’ll be interesting to see if Bunnings maintains this location and rebuilds or if they develop the block in a different way, its a big corner block in a desirable inner suburb that could easily house a significant number of apartments…

Also despite the sausage sizzle jokes out there in social media… this was a rare location that didn’t actually do community sausage sizzles!

8 Likes

I must say, since our Bunnings opened in December taking over from K&D Warehouse who closed in March, I’ve been to Bunnings more than the entire time it was K&D. I’m not a handyman but have still spent several tens of dollars and vouchers there (I’m rationed with my pocket money).

I think you’ll find this isn’t a bunnings if that’s the case :grin:

1 Like

yep my local store too, the solvent’s smell was somewhat heavy - pretty wild sight to see.

Considering this is the closest store to the city (as well as Home Base), they may rebuild.

The City of Stirling may want to rezone the land for apartments (of course this is what happened when that car dealership burnt down quite a few years back). It is the only large hardware store in the area so hopefully it does get rebuilt.

I suppose they can legitimately hold a Fire Sale. I wonder if there is anything salvageable that could be sold.

1 Like

Fire retardant? :wink:

When did Coles start using this logo?
Coles_1970s-87

1970s-1991.

1 Like

Looking at the footage, I’d say nothing will be salvageable, if it’s not burnt it’ll be smoke or water damaged and the cost of trying to salvage anything to try and flog off at a pretty much give-away price wouldn’t be worth it at all.

I’ve been through a couple of fire damaged sites in the past to see if things could be salvaged and it doesn’t take much smoke to go through everything and anything electrical will be destroyed by the water too.

Caltex are revamping their stations, no more franchises after 2020

Bunnings… Lower buildings are just the beginning

8 Likes

In Adelaide, X Convenience have been cobranding with Mobil since the owner broke away from Mogas.

1 Like

That was a guilty laugh. Jesus Christ.

4 Likes

“That’s our policy!”

11 Likes

If you see a lower store, we’ll burn it by 10%.

7 Likes

Target is closing its Morwell store in Victoria’s La Trobe Valley after 35 years. While Target claimed the closure was due to end of lease, centre management said it was part of Target’s strategy to close some of its stores where it had surplus coverage and competition across the region.