Supermarkets and Retail

Garden City and Indooroopilly both have libraries.

Carindale has a library too but it’s underground.

Queensland eh

1 Like

I’d expect Pacific Werribee (not like anyone doesn’t just call it Werribee Plaza still) would be the largest shopping centre in Victoria with a Library in it - it used to be a stand alone building but has been consumed by the sprawl of the main centre.

I went today, and it looks to be in the process of being painted grey.

2 Likes

Lots happening in Perth.

Westifeld Innaloo is to be renamed Westfield Stirling as part of their upcoming redevelopment -

https://www.scentregroup.com/Our-Portfolio/Centres/Westfield-stirling

Also, Westfield Whitford City announced today the opening date for their new Cinema and Food complex being Sept 21 which will bring many City food operators to the Northern Suburbs including Gami Chicken and Beer, East Village and Max Brenner -

3 Likes

Do Woolworths have an ‘ambassador’?

I know they’ve occasionally used Jamie Oliver.

Coles have been using Curtis Stone frequently for around 8 years now, although these days for “Coles Fresh”.

The most recent “Down, Down” promotion of course had Casey Donovan.

1 Like

They tried Samantha Jade at one point.

3 Likes

No wonder Woolworths was going down the toilet.

2 Likes

:notes:"From Monday to Sunday… Lowest Prices… Cheap, cheap" {with tweety birds}:notes:

That one?

Catchy, yes. Annoying, yes. “Cheap, cheap” a rip off, yes.

3 Likes

This is Malvern which is a pretty wealthy area so there might be enough of that sort of customer base for it to work. I think the stores are in the right spots it could pay off.

I can’t stand Chadstone anymore. I live pretty close and used to go weekly but since the renovations last year it has just been a pain to even think about going there on weekends or any busy times. Before the reno I never ever had a problem finding a park on weekends, now if you come after 11 or 12 it is pretty impossible to find a park. You would have thought a year on from the expansion that the hype would have died down by now but it doesn’t seem too. Although I did go on a Thursday night the other week and it wasn’t as bad.

2 Likes

Not the first time nor the last time… Woolies had that knockdown one with the green boxing gloves a few years back as well in similar fashion to the big red hand.

3 Likes

Mixed bag for Woolworths’ full year results out this morning. While the group posted a net profit of $1.5 billion, Big W suffered a $150 million loss, a big jump from $14.9 million last year. Supermarkets, Dan Murphy’s and BWS all posted sales growths.

Noticed my local Coles had a customer greeter at the entry point today. Is this part of their plan to reduce theft? They need to go back to the days where they had turnstiles and the only way out was through a checkout :sweat_smile:

Noticed Christmas stock has recently been put out at my local Coles :scream:

Are you serious? Wtf

1 Like

yep, puddings and mince pies so far.

Seems about right during August! :grin: I see that happens often around the same time each year. It’s bit of a shock that’s it’s come to quickly to that time again almost! :scream:

I’m sure as soon as Fathers Day has come and gone we’ll see the rest of the merch out in the seasonal section. They won’t let the stuff sit out the back if there is space for it. Contrary to popular opinion it’s the same every year with most retailers.

2 Likes

This is around about the time when local Lions Clubs start pushing their traditional (and delicious) Christmas cakes. Nothing really that new.

1 Like

You also have to remember deadlines for Christmas parcels via sea mail close in around 2-3 months’ time. Guess supermarkets start to sell Christmas puddings so some people can start planning.