Supermarkets and Retail

What’s the good news?

7 Likes

Didn’t they make a big deal about Wodonga being the last one?

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/thousands-of-woolworths-customers-billed-twice-for-purchases-made-in-march/news-story/771da82d714578a0e5d9c4f1d5240129

A Woolworths spokeswoman said: “We have received confirmation from Cuscal, one of our payment processors that service financial institutions, that due to an error at their data centre a limited number of Woolworths customers may have received incorrect transactions on accounts processed by Cuscal.

2 Likes

Speaking of giving Woolworths money - a few months back I finally bothered to start buying those discounted Wish eGift cards and doing all my shopping at Woolworths using them.

It’s kind of hidden when you’re spending them, which doesn’t make it feel like you’re saving much money - but I’ve probably saved nearly $50 in total.

Once I got into the habit of doing so, it’s been pretty easy to keep up shopping that way.

5 Likes

Southland Shopping Centre (2002)

Car Park

McDonald’s Across The Road

11 Likes

so much yellow / gold :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/companies/colette-garnsey-steps-down-from-just-group-role-due-to-health-issues/news-story/d726800a74ef78107008a94a92b66ef7

Very odd statement. Trying to hide something, Woolworths did this with that previous BIGW Pommy CEO the other year but got busted, he left for ‘Heath Reasons’ then someone internally leaked he was sacked for treating women poorly.

‘Heath Issues’…‘Spending Time with the family’…‘Well earned break’…or in other words ‘Fired’

1 Like

There have been rumours all year that Garnsey would possibly leave Just to head up Big W. Interesting.

1 Like

Whilst BIGW has now officially appointed the current CEO the speculation around Collete (the question was asked at Solomon Lew multiple times during the last investor day, he was starting to get annoyed) probably didn’t help her situation, clearly she was unhappy there.

Wouldn’t be half surprised to see her pop up in another role with Woolworths or Wesfarmers.

2 Likes

How long before Unilever offshore this puppy? Sure, they have said they will keep local manufacturing but that won’t be for an indefinite period.

A Terry white rebranded the other day and 100m from it was a chemart and both have been rebranded now to Terry white chemart on all signage

1 Like

Or maybe move production to the Streets factory at Minto in south west Sydney?

It’s disappointing that Weis’ owner decided to sell the business to a multinational rather than another Australian firm.

1 Like

I didn’t know they were Australian owned in the first place, and certainly don’t care if they aren’t anymore. Just keep being tasty and I’ll buy them occasionally.

5 Likes

Well you will when your line of work is sold overseas or offshore. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s the thing though - my line of work relies a lot on selling an Australian product overseas. If I want people in other countries to buy an Australian product, I’m not going to begrudge overseas companies selling products here.

2 Likes

10 Likes

I’m surprised Coles hasn’t questioned the government by now regarding the exclusivity that Woolworths seems to be getting when it comes to these limited circulation coloured $2 coins.

Surely it would drive business to some degree.

4 Likes

These are beautiful.

3 Likes