Supermarkets and Retail

Not surprised, didnt the company go into administration not so long ago?

Perhaps they want Coca-Cola to buy the shelf space? (An appalling practice which came in some years back & has really hurt small businesses, but of Coca-Cola are big enough to stand up for themselves.)

Two of my local Chemmart Pharmamcy’s have rebranded to Terry White Chemmart

The businesses themselves merged some time ago, back in Early 2015.

I’m surprised it took them so long, I guess both brands had similar value for them to merge them as they have.

Reading the article, apparently Coke Zero is being “phased out next year” which I didn’t realise was the case. I thought ‘No Sugar’ was replacing Zero as soon as stock ran out. In that case I don’t blame Woolies. Coke has more than enough shelf space as it is. Maybe they’re not swapping out Zero for No Sugar straight away because they’re scared of a Shapes or ‘New Coke’ style backlash.

from News . com . au article >

Woolworths confirmed they will continue to stock Coca-Cola Zero in their stores nationwide. In fact, this could be part of the issue. Rather than Coca-Cola simply replacing Coke Zero with No Sugar, they have made the decision to run the two brands side-by-side for a time.

Coca-Cola insists that No Sugar is an entirely new variant and not a direct replacement for Coke Zero.

Woolworths has left the door open for Coke No Sugar eventually being ranged — when Zero is actually axed.

Yeah, I thought it would be a faster switch.

Not sure though how Ginger Coke got shelf space, the horrible Stevia stuff is still there, yet supposedly there’s not enough space for both Zero and No Sugar coke?

1 Like

I rarely drink Coke these days, but if I do have one it will always be The Real Thing not a sugarless imitation.

perhaps the thinking is that giner and the stevia stuff are new products, whilst the coke no sugar is a replacement of an existing product?

Ginger was limited edition and has been deleted, so stores would just be running out remaining stock.

I noticed the mini van packs of Coke with Stevia on clearance in Coles last week too.

More trouble for Coca Cola.

1 Like

And now their stock price suffers.

1 Like

Pizza Hut in the UK don’t have Coke as well.

Pepsi used to own Pizza Hut

4 Likes

As well as owning KFC & Taco Bell, which is why PepsiCo drinks were sold at all of those, and when they sold the fast food businesses they probably included a drinks supply agreement.

2 Likes

The problem with the Coke headline Fairfax Media are now using on their sites is it ignores what has to be the actual cause of the share price drop:
Losing the Domino’s contract…

… The temporary delay getting the product on the shelves of one of the (large) supermarket chains is just that, temporary, while the Domino’s deal will last for how many years? And as it says in the article already posted:

Deutsche Bank said Coca-Cola Amatil’s deal with Domino’s accounted for 0.3 per cent of its overall volume, or one million cases of drinks, a year.

4 Likes

More Topshops have been closing around the country.

Stores at Chatswood and Miranda shopping centres in NSW, Highpoint in Melbourne, and Perth have closed in the past two weeks.

But the closure expected to send the biggest shockwaves through the broader retail industry is in Chapel Street, in Melbourne’s South Yarra, which has been struggling for several years against competition from surrounding shopping strips, the CBD and online. Chapel Street was the first Topshop store to open in Australia, in 2011.

random Tarocash worker suddenly gets knocked to the ground by an unseen force, midshift

Tarocash worker: NOT TOPSHOP CHAPEL ST!!!

5 Likes

The retail space in Chapel Street where Topshop is located, has changed hands several times over the last 20 years. There has been a Virgin Megastore and a Sanity store before Topshop.

Chapel Street has been dying as a retail destination for years now. I feel a lot of major brands just open a location for the brand presence because it has got to be one of the quietest shopping strips (especially during the week) out there.

And a Borders.