Supermarkets and Retail

Having a look, so 15 minute radius from this closing down Kmart store, you have 18 Target/BIGW/Kmart stores.

Certainly no shortage of these stores in Sydney’s west. One in every suburb. Most suburbs have both a K and a BW

With the Rouse Hill Kmart only 6 minutes away, im sure the ‘shattered’ ‘disappointed’ ’shocked’ Kmart fans will survive.

The drinks are hardly cold in those open fridges - why can’t they have them in a proper enclosed fridge like convenience stores.

I think if they’ve been in there long enough, then they are cold. It’s just that some supermarkets can’t keep up with demand or they don’t restock them often enough so you have warm ones in there or none at all.

When I travel overseas and have bought a drink in their supermarket fridges, I have almost never seen a fridge with low stock or no stock like I see in Australia. They seem to monitor them and restock throughout the day.

It doesn’t help that the restocking at least at Woolworths and Coles happens at night with limited restocking during the day so you fall over all the boxes of stock they place in aisles.

1 Like

Let’s not do the click bait here.

Name the store or offer some commentary. Cheers.

3 Likes

I always feel strange when i go to get my freebie from Everyday Extra and then go to a self checkout. As I opt for e receipts not only do i not have to pay , i get no receipt either.

1 Like

Sorry what?

Did Woolworths run out of budget for their big bash sponsorship slot by cleverly hiding their 2016 advertisement in 2024
Notice the old uniform and the changed screens
2024 version: https://youtu.be/KUEqmIhaK60?si=mOJfU4QhwP2dzLVg
2016 version: https://youtu.be/Ca5vDzN_I9c?si=DYYzXSLCk8ygybeT

Before 2024 Woolworths used the Christmas ident. It appears they didn’t have anything prepared for after the new year; so they just went into the archive and found this hoping no one would notice.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen any brand do this before in Australia especially not in the media space.
I wonder why they didn’t just reshoot the ad though?

why spend thousands of dollars (probably tens of thousands once you consider the cost of actors, production crew, post-production, logistics, etc.) to stage a re-shoot when they have one in the can already and they can paste in new screen logos.

I would be completely surprised if this sort of thing hadn’t been done before.

And I reckon 99.999% of viewers won’t notice. What’s the recall rate on a Woolies ad from 2016?

5 Likes

Your absolutely right if you didn’t remember it or didn’t care then it wouldn’t make any difference. I asked my family earlier this week what they thought and the response I got was “So? Why should I care?”

2 Likes

I wonder how they managed to do it

Wow. I hadn’t seen this old version until now. I should have noticed this though given i did work there. I just noticed the old badge. Haven’t seen that in a while. :laughing:

2 Likes

I’d like to see what that $35 shop would actually cost today.

1 Like

My IGA has some good late week 3 day only specials like half price on Cadbury blocks of chocolate , half price on small 100g Moccona coffee and $15 a kilo for sliced ham save $16.

Also Flybuys sucks . It debited out 2400 points on the 27th of last month but an error came up as I tried to use these as well as a promo code at the time. Usually the points are returned when not used… still waiting !

2 Likes

They’d the only reason I noticed I work there myself too

2 Likes

There are actually a lot of ads that run for many decades and usually because theyre just popular. Two that I can remember of the top of my head are for Bananas and Old El Paso.

I think the Bananas Make Those Bodies sing advert only had the jingle updated. They did an updated campaign a few years back where the old footage of the kids was spliced with them as adults.

The Old El Paso Soft and Hard Taco ad featured a six year old girl who says “Why not have both?” in Spanish. This was highlighted recently when the 22 year old was brought back for a new online campaign.

3 Likes

Who cares though?

Masking in post production.

Some people like myself do we’re all different and notice different stuff :smiling_face:

1 Like