Supermarkets and Retail

There is also an Olliv ATM at the food court at The Glen shopping centre.

2 Likes

Aldi in Hamilton have taken the Covid checkout shields away, how open and friendly it feels.

4 Likes

Same in it’s Mt Gambier store.

1 Like

I noted Woolworths removed the self serve but kept the register screens.

1 Like

Will be interesting to see how retail manages these COVID acrylic guards / screens going forward.
I suspect some businesses have them CAPEXed for years and therefore will be resistant to remove something that they’re slowly paying off.

1 Like

I suspect the labor cost to install and deinstall those guards may exceed the value of the guards themselves (especially given the numbers that retailers bought them at).

1 Like

Seems unnecessary and expensive.

A lot of signage to be updated in their centres, although they don’t have many centres left. Seem to be trying to offload their shopping centre business. Probably will stick around with old logo for as long as they can until the centre can be sold.

1 Like

How exciting is this news!!!

1 Like

About time! If it lands in WA successfully I could see a few good locations for it.

I work in retail (national brand) and we removed our screens about 6 or 7 months ago, and were instructed to retain them until further notice (which still hasn’t been communicated yet)

2 Likes

3 Likes

I got a free can of Mutti tinned tomatoes through Flybuys. Apparently everyone got something for free there was an article about it .

Comes up as - $2.40 on my online order receipt.

Is it a freebie just for online shoppers? Do they just randomly select an item?

I often get a freebie in my flybuys offers. Recently it was a spice/curry mix. I’ve had an orange juice previously.

Think it’s just a promo.

1 Like

I have a free everyday perk on Woolworths. A Chobani yoghurt.

They say free but I’m sure it’s built into margin somewhere across the business or the supplier is offering it.

2 Likes

I shop at Coles and Woolworths so often get the freebie offers via email. Usually it’s new profucts and you’re asked for feedback after a couple of weeks.

Last week from Coles it was a small loaf of Gluten Free bread. Yuck!

This week from Woolworths it was a four pack of new Sodaly Kombucha in fruit flavours. This was one of the better freebies offered.

1 Like

Hey! Us Coeliacs have to eat that bread! :smile:

3 Likes

My condolences. :slight_smile:

Tell me about it.

It was a Flybuys offer said to activate it and then it looks like I had to pay for it but when the online order was picked it says

Comes up as “loyalty discount”