Supermarkets and Retail

They’ve done a whole bunch of breakfast related price cuts in the last fortnight to support this promo, another one that’s just as shady is the 12pk croissants that has been “reduced” from $10.50 to $10, when it was $8 last year…

5 Likes
1 Like

New Broadway Sydney Lego Store open today

6 Likes

I was shopping at one of my local Coles stores the other week…

One of the bakery staff at Coles actually gave me this Inflatable Freddo for Free.

They said that it was a prop used for a promotion (which had just ended by the way) and they were gonna throw this out.

6 Likes

I hope none of your friends suffer from ranidaphrodia or you are going to completely freak them out!

Why does the Woolworths self serve machines not expect you to bag bottles of soft drink? Every time I put a bottle in the bagging area it freaks out and I end up having to put the bottles on the ground.

1 Like

Does the same thing with toilet paper. Very confusing!

Are you talking about 600ml bottles or the larger 1.25 & 2L bottles?

The larger 1.25 & 2L bottles.

1 Like
3 Likes

Out of retail and soccer. Maybe he will now retire.

1 Like

I knew of the separation of Westfield, but am sad to find out that the US/Europe side was sold off two years ago to a European company.

1 Like

Jessica Gomes opened David Jones’ first stand-alone food hall in Melbourne today, at Capitol Grand apartment complex in South Yarra.

Wait, they’re still doing this? Figured this plan was long cancelled as Woolworths South Africa made a huge song and dance about this change & grand plans to open a store network of dedicated food stores a few years ago, with basically nothing since.

Another Lego store - lots of free publicity from Nine - this time at Chermisde.

2 Likes

Is the next series of Nine’s Lego Masters due anytime soon?

It should start filming pretty soon.

3 Likes

Australia’s first Harry Potter concept store opened at the basement of Myer Melbourne yesterday.

1 Like

Is this common at supermarkets around Australia?

I’ve seen some questionable behaviour from shelf stackers in both Coles and Woolies.