Supermarkets and Retail

I’d rather go back to the newspaper nailed to the out house wall method I had to use when I was a kid to wipe my butt than use one ply toilet paper!

Single ply toilet paper and meditating while doing your business, both excellent ways of getting in touch with one’s inner self.

But in the olden days it was still called a bum. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My mother considered that to be a rude word and it wasn’t permitted to be uttered in our house. Butt, bot-bot or backside would be smacked if she heard it spoken by any of us.

What a pain in the arse that would have been.

4 Likes

I recall English comedian Peter Cook was banned from Australian TV back in 1972 for mentioning the word “bum”.

Only in the past few years the Quilton toilet paper sponsored traffic reports on Sydney talk radio had to be changed to “Quilton loves your behind” because people objected to that word being used.

What has this thread become? :thinking:

Talking Shit?

7 Likes

lil bit :joy:

Isn’t that Macquarie Sports Radio? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

And 2SM

1 Like

There…I fixed it for you.

1 Like

Butt out of it, would you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My local Good Guys have removed the franchisee’s name from the external signage. Is that happening across the board?

2 Likes

The Good Guys Franchise model has been getting phased out even before JB Hi Fi bought them out… they’re slowly going to all company owned stores as the franchise agreements expire.

6 Likes

Woolworths are having a country wide outage with their check-outs. Shoppers have been told to leave their groceries and leave the store. All stores are closing their doors

2 Likes

I noticed that I couldn’t access my Everyday Rewards points this morning. Cyber attack?

I wonder if BIG W stores are also affected or is it just Woolworths stores?

Just came back from Woolies Ashfield. Gotta say they handled it rather well - everyone was calm. I got my groceries because I ordered online this morning and it was packed ready to go.

3 Likes