Supermarkets and Retail

Just gonna say this - The Woolies chicken shapes ripoff taste so much better than the actual shapes!

Yeah but what about their pizza shapes?

I am currently in London and staying at a hotel at the Westfield Stratford City. On the ground floor of the hotel building is TK Maxx. It is not as big as the stores in Melbourne.

5 Likes

I live within walking distance of Woolworths Eastgardens (opened 2003), Woolworths Hillsdale (opened in the 1960s) and Woolworths Matraville (opened 2015). Woolworths South Maroubra (former Food For Less) is a 5 minute drive away by car, too. For an area with such low population density, there is an astounding number of Woolies in my area.

3 Likes

There’s a lot of apartments in that area, as there are in many other parts of Sydney, I wouldn’t have considered it “low density”’ in that respect.

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Brands, Products and Promotions

Woolworths asking for trouble on FB. They being all sassy in their replies to the obvious reaction they are getting too. :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

Woolies social media has been like that for quite a while now. Easy (and very cheap) way to get publicity from the various clickbaity “news” sites.

4 Likes

Who cares? I love hot cross buns, I wish they were available all year round at the supermarkets.

I believe Bakers Delight and other bakeries also stock them year-round.

I often order online and get home delivery from Woolworths. When you ask to proceed to the checkout they make recommendations for you to buy extra products and from what I can see this is mainly based upon previous purchases.

For example, I just ordered $150 worth of groceries and they suggested products I had ordered last month such as washing powder and olives.

They should try to base these suggestions on your current shop. If you buy bread then suggest butter or jam. If you buy pasta suggest pasta sauce or Parmesan cheese. If you buy Windex suggest paper towels.

Similar products might also work as a suggestion. if you buy Vegemite suggest marmalade. If you buy a sugary cereal suggest another sugary cereal. If you buy chocolate ice cream suggest chocolate or chocolate custard.

I just don’t see these sort of complimentary suggestions being made very often. It could boost online sales by a few percent.

Mind you, I do love the Woolworths website. It is so quick and easy to use. I always have a good experience on their website.

1 Like

You’d think they’d be on the ball with this considering they’d have so much data on spending habits via Woolworths Rewards…

2 Likes

Apart from Coles that had four varieties of Hot Cross Bun today, I saw three types prominently displayed (top 3 centre shelves) at Bakers Delight including Choc Chip.

Personally, I think that Bakers Delight have the best hot cross buns. On another note I hate the versions with fruit peel in the ingredients. It’s a crime against buns.

1 Like

They’re the only good ones.

There was something they did last year which I think had apple and maybe raspberry - was absolutely wonderful.

That said, for hot cross bun shaped things, the coles chocolate ones are just essentially cake and equally great.

1 Like

I think some of the independent bakeries have the best. The Flute Bakery at Fyshwick in Canberra makes their hot cross buns fresh each morning and they are fresh, fluffy and delicious.

1 Like

The owner of Video Ezy Express and Blockbuster DVD vending kiosks has purchased rival Hoyts Kiosk. The existing Hoyts branded machines will either be removed or rebranded as Video Ezy.

I received an email from Hoyts Kiosk a couple of days ago telling me my local vending machines will be withdrawn, there were two in the local shopping centre. There are no Video Ezy Express machines nearby, with the closet over 10kms away. I doubt I’ll be using them though as I haven’t hired a DVD for over 12 months.

5 Likes

Who actually uses those vending machines? Seems so behind the times.

2 Likes

Heaps of people use em. I don’t know why, but they are very popular to use and I believe they’re also very cheap to run.

I used to see lots of people getting DVDs from those machines a year ago, but not now. The use has dropped dramatically. However, what appears to be the last video rental store in the ACT, Network Video Charnwood, still has a steady clientele from my observations, as does the Hoyts Kiosk machine at nearby Dunlop which is available 24/7.

1 Like