Super Radio Network

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/hyperlocal/celebrating-local-lives/news-story/9d7e4d4c169fee583ecf8a04048e5d27

1 Like

What “programming changes” were made at Radio97? Isn’t their brekkie show local anyway?

1 Like

No idea, it’s what the Despina’s website says:

1 Like

Crazy. All it tells me, is it’s some form of change/agreement between Steve & Brooke at Radio97 Breakfast and Despina.

UNLESS BOG management weren’t happy with all the bonus airtime she was receiving.

1 Like

It’s one thing to not pay your rent, but have an employee break and enter is another level!

2 Likes

@webguy engineers have needed to do all sorts of things to gain access to sites. Some ethical, others not so much. That’s for them to make a judgement call thankfully, not me :innocent:

I’m surprised they’ve got away with it for so long - that’s real bush league behaviour.

1 Like

Makes it even worse when their daughter & now in charge of the network is a lawyer, imagine if the role was reversed & clients didn’t pay their bills to her.

4 Likes

I would have thought some site operators would have pulled the plug and locked them out if the bill was but a few weeks late being paid

Presumably they would have to pay for electricity or is that included in the site fees they aren’t paying?
Transmitters use a ton of electricity I wouldn’t agree to that. I guess if you didn’t pay the electricity bill that could be one way to get them to the negotiation table quickly.

Apparently site owners just can’t go and do that and switch off their power etc, there’s a lot of legal stuff they have to go through first. I think partly also because it’s an “essential service”.

1 Like

There are many grievances in this world, one is the freaking 2SM logo is not straight:

There website is so fked…

10 Likes

I looked at this and thought what the hell are you talking about…

But then I dropped a few horizontal lines on the image - wow, you might not get it at a quick glance, but once you see it, you can’t unsee it.

And here was me thinking the biggest offence to graphic design was the blurred shadow

7 Likes

I guess that’s what happens when things are done on the cheap.

4 Likes

Actually the longer you look at it the more faults you’ll find with it.
Was this done by a 4th grader? - Eek!
It’s doing my head in - I don’t wish to look at it anymore. :face_with_spiral_eyes: :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I love looking at SRN’s websites - it reminds me of the early 2000’s when the Internet was full of novice built websites.

In fairness to SRN, if it wasn’t for web streaming there is probably no need for a radio broadcaster to even have a website. Resonate Broadcasting in Qld don’t as they get by on Facebook

3 Likes

92.9fm amd 2TM in Tamworth is pretty good… but, ya know, I am bias :wink:

5 Likes

If it wasn’t for SRN also frequently failing to renew domains, I’d say it’s important to have control of the platform for a business. Lots of smaller Facebook pages can easily be lost - needing to be tied too closely to an individual person and then having no real way of recovering - 8HA feels like one they’ve lost the keys to, with no updates in 2 years.

2EL seems to have no online presence at all, the CRA links to a dead facebook page, after presumably not linking to the long gone actual website.

6 Likes

Not sure if this belongs in the current thread or the Random Mocks Thread, as it’s a fix not a mock.

I have attempted to correct most of the errors in the current 2SM logo as follows:

• The horizontal alignment of 2SM - fixed
  • Kerning between 2, S and M - fixed
  • Kerning of Supernetwork - fixed
  • Spacing between 2SM and Supernetwork - fixed
  • Un-necessary drop shadow - fixed

So here you go 2SM, I have fixed your logo free of charge!

12 Likes

I’m not a fan of businesses using Facebook as their website. It seems pretty limited and a lot of people are switching off Facebook. I just don’t know why SRN can’t get a couple of University interns in and fix them all up. It would take about a week!!

11 Likes