Super Radio Network

A normal listener doesn’t know this, as far as they’re concerned, they’ve tuned into 2SM and it’s that station that is responsible for what goes out on their airwaves, regardless of whether it comes from 2SM, a network station, or the outer reaches of the solar system.

We can get all anoraky and adenoidal about it, but this is simply deflecting away from the matter at hand. If anything, the content being networked makes it worse because its multiple stations across a fairly large area (both in size and potential listener numbers) broadcast it.

5 Likes

Your point is clear but calling someone an announcer from somewhere from where they’re not based in the above article is not correct. In fact it’s downright insulting.

1 Like

2HD studios… 2SM mic sock :man_shrugging:

Apples and oranges :+1:

4 Likes

As a radio journalist, they should know better though.

2 Likes

Well, obviously it is correct, because even Media Watch on the ABC have verified it.

Maybe prime minister can sue and wile at it bankrupt Caralis into the ground. Anti-covid, PM is a pedo, what next Mr Caralis? That’s really intelligent-mind stimulating radio! If I was PM, I’d get ACMA to revoke all his licenses - this behaviour is completely unacceptable.

2 Likes

Yes because the ABC is the bastion of truth in this country. Just let it go.

1 Like

LMFAO, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I mean, come on, one announcer screwing up, and then retracting later in the same program, maybe forgivable, but three announcers? This is just so WRONG on so MANY levels.

Maybe the fact is that the ABC is an institution of well accredited journalists who know there stuff, and have been well respected within the industry - but this is not me saying I’m an absolute ABC fan, they are a few announcers on ABC overnights that I don’t like. This is just in the aspect of their political leanings, but whether the ABC has on air staff either of a progressive or conservative nature, they’re representation is always on the ball, and if they do screw up, they’ll be a retraction for a correction, wile here, “The 2SM Super Network” has “No comment”.

Growing up when 2SM was an institution, John Belle, Frank Fersey, Ray Arthur, and Julie Bronski, with Sandy Aloisi and Jim Angel reading the news. How 2SM’s been decimated - the ugly child it’s become is just rather sad.

4 Likes

That’s odd.

I thought I read on Dean’s Facebook page that he is no longer working in radio (again), this time due to political commitments.

I actually think Dean is a strong performer on the network - and would be much stronger if BOG put him alone at 2SM breakfast, broadcasting to Sydney only.

His views definitely do gain attention.

That’s correct, but that’s only happened in the last week or so; he’s running as an upper house candidate at the state election and it looks like he was a very late inclusion under Craig Kelly’s group [so de-facto UAP, but they aren’t registered in NSW so won’t have that name in their column]. The announcement of stepping down from the Super Network went out on his Facebook the day the candidate list came out (on the 9th).

Brent Bultitude’s image has been put back on the 2SM Super Network website homepage.

I wonder if this means he will return today from his back surgery?

I do prefer his style than to Pete Davis. Pete is much better suited for weekends, being more laid back.

1 Like

I’m glad he was always a nice guy to deal with when I used to do work inside the 2HD building, also great to have a chat to

3 Likes

2HD Newcastle have had some technical problems today which has seen them on transmitter backup tape for extended periods, as I type they have been on backup tape around 40 minutes now. This would also be affecting the network when it’s coming out of 2HD studios.

First lot this morning went for about 35 minutes from about 6am I guess, before it was resolved, while they were on Satellite (Network programming out of 2SM) they were on backup tape, but the local commercials played out approx every 10 minutes, this afternoon networked out of the 2HD studios, there’s nothing at all, just backup tape.

Things I’ve worked out as a result from this, (don’t know the cause but), the transmitter backup tape is obviously in the studio main control room rack, not surprising as the AM transmitter over the road is powered from the studio mains, there’s a duct that goes under Maitland Road between the studio & transmitter hut that feeds electricity & audio from the studios, the backup tape is prior to the audio processor as it sounds the same as a normal broadcast, it’s also fed to the two FM translators at Belmont North & Port Stephens, not sure if the two FM translators have a local backup tape in case they lose the STL feed?
The transmitter backup tape isn’t a smooth play-out, there’s blips in the audio, maybe that’s deliberate so they know it’s on backup tape?
The backup tape player is also not set to random play, it starts & plays each song & sweeper in the exact same order, this morning after each commercial break, it started again from the start, so over a 30 minute period, we heard the same 3 - 4.5 songs 3 times, this afternoon while I was listening it started from the start again & I heard those songs again, I didn’t bother writing them down & can’t remember exactly, but if memory serves, one of the first 3 is a Doors song & the 4th song is definitely Words by F.R. David.

6 Likes

Guess that’s what happens when your dealing with old equipment that sadly keeps getting repaired over and over again instead of been replaced all mixed in with with the fact the network only really has 2 tech covering the whole network.
It’s all very sad really, and it sounds like things aren’t getting any better since I departed, in fact it sounds like things are getting worse

5 Likes

A name change could be happening for Zoo FM Dubbo…or is it? :wink:

4 Likes

Could change one letter to ZOU FM - sounds the same.
But seriously, how ridiculous. It’s been Zoo since it commenced so many years ago &
I would have thought having a radio station in same town in which
an animal zoo is located was a indirect promotion for Dubbo Zoo. :roll_eyes:

Can’t see name change happening.
BUT IT IS APRIL FOOLS DAY - Haha

2 Likes

I wonder if that is an April Fools joke?

3 Likes

Perhaps use Plains in the call sign for POO-FM?

They got in really early with this one; posted just after midnight.

3 Likes

Even if it was true, they could hire Barry the Monkey from Triple M to then meet the criteria for being a zoo. And also the giraffe who starred in their TV ads.

4 Likes

Such an ironic April Fool’s joke, because there actually was a bit of a case back with ZOO Super Digi vs. ZOO Magazine a few years ago.

… Changing names is old, but gold. Good on ZooFM for having a go and doing something in light of the day …

5 Likes

I don’t know if the prank was made up by Radio Info or ZOO FM or maybe a bit of both.

4 Likes