Super Radio Network

It probably didn’t cost much. Crocmedia sell a lot of in program advertising so it will be of more benefit to them than Bill.

3 Likes

…and besides, doesn’t 2SM (and possibly other SRN/BOG stations) already run some Crocmedia sports programing?

Yes - they take Off the Bench and Sportsday Qld - being the main network taking those particular streams of those programs.

2 Likes

Super Network FM stations now have Kyle and Jackie O’s “Hour” of Power 4-6pm weekdays, followed by NewFM breakfast best bits. They call themselves the “Novo’s”.

Does anybody know why Novo’s?

probably because from Newcastle, we’re called Novocastrians.

If they think Steve, Kim and Sarge are the best Newcastle can do, they’re seriously deluded.

1 Like

Ahh. At first I thought it was “novices”.

It’s to my understanding that the new schedule started on May 9.

I could perhaps understand running K&JO during drive, but the best bits of New FM breakfast…really? Wouldn’t it be better (if possible of course) for the regional stations to run a highlights version of their own breakfast show at 6pm? Or am I missing something here?

or sign up Best Bits of Fitzy and Wippa or something actually funny.

2 Likes

They’re single person breakfast shows in most markets, for their FM stations, it’s really another music shift. What best bits will you lift from that?

1 Like

ZZZ Lismore continues with a local four hour drive shift. The text request show has a sponsor between 4 - 6pm.

Great male announcer on there currently, Craig Pittman, he takes over from a male with a Kiwi accent who was on ZZZ drive previously.

What happened to Kimberley Sherwood who was a journalist at 2TM/FM 92.9?

She left 2TM to run for council four years ago and then did media work for the National Party but beyond 2013, seems to have gone quiet.

Wasn’t until Saturday Night I that I became aware that Carter Edwards was Dobell’s One Nation candidate.

Funny since his employer is a Labor man

1 Like

Same here!

I had to check his profile to make sure it was the same Carter Edwards!

And ditto Meryl Swanson.

and at 73 he can’t resist a set of stairs

Looks like its a common theme as Carter Edwards’ occasional fill in Dean Mackin ran for One Nation in the Senate. And apparently back in 1993, Graeme Gilbert was Liberal candidate for seat of Franklin down in Tassy.

I am in Mudgee and spent this morning listening to 2MG and John Laws. I don’t normally listen to John in Sydney as I cannot get reception of the awful 1269 signal in the gym.

I had forgotten how good the John Laws Show is in the morning. Unlike Alan Jones he talks to callers for up to ten minutes. His insults are still legendary. Today’s classic quotes included:

• “Are you as ugly as you sound?” to a woman before adding “Your poor husband”
  • “You old bat”
  • “Shut up”

He was also very aggressive towards Pauline Hanson’s racism.

Great radio.

1 Like

you have to be kidding.

Insults, denigration, abuse… just what Australia needs more of.

Alan Jones is passive aggressive. John Laws is just up front rude! It was good to hear John ripping shreds off Pauline Hanson. If John’s abuse and denigration is directed at Pauline Hanson then it is entertainment. I never realised how much I missed Laws.

It’s not love that I feel towards him. But it’s close.

2 Likes

Agree, it’s great radio because it’s entertainment.

Trained in the great John Brennan style.

Not infected by the Fairfax/Lang/Singo red tape.

1 Like

That’s correct about Graeme Gilbert, the Liberal Party parachuted him into a blue ribbon Liberal seat. Unfortunately the electorate didn’t see his talent for connecting with people that is so obvious from his high-rating radio show, and he lost in an almost 10% swing.

1 Like