Super Radio Network

Waratahs Radio will air on 2SM Sydney and the Super Radio Network

2 Likes

Two minutes in, some Caralis gold:

Perhaps there’s more, should keep listening.

[following conversations in ACE Radio forum]

IMO BOG FM stations should be skewed to the 18-40 year olds (e.g. CHR format), with the BOG AM stations skewed towards the 40+ stations (e.g. Gold format).

With SCA moving further & further from CHR regionally, along with them ‘muddying the waters’ and overlapping the playlist on Hit & Triple M, it leaves a bit of a gap for this to occur.

As BOG stands, it sounds like Jack FM and Jack AM - a wish-wash of all genres of music on FM, with all genres of talkback on AM (i.e. are they a sports station, a talk station, a classic hits or country station, etc.).

Pick a category/direction & focus on it.

I do not see why everyone believes regional radio has to have wide variety 

5 Likes

Gold talk it’ll have to be.

Music costs money, Bill doesn’t like spending money.

2 Likes

They still play some music on the Super Radio Network AM stations, maybe 3-4 songs per hour on some programs, so they’d still have to pay some royalties to APRA.

I believe the fee that stations pay to APRA is based on a % of revenue (???), though I wonder how much that they play comes into the formula.

2 Likes

and of course, one would imagine that SRN/BOG (like any other talkback station) would still need to pay royalties for all the music they use as part of station branding elements.

2 Likes

Sportsday Central now live on BOG AM stations:

1 Like

One hour less of their own sports show?

Correct.

Talkin’ Sport 3-6pm weekdays
Sportsday Central 6-8pm weekdays (now live)

1 Like

5 hours of sport chatter, every weekday?

Isn’t that just a wee bit overkill?

1 Like

It’s terrible. I feel for those in Super Network land who want to enjoy classic hits/non AC.

4 Likes

There is a bit of that on their FM stations, but buried under all the Hot AC stuff they won’t want to hear.

2 Likes

NSW Super Network audiences have a great alternative in the ABC NSW drive show, hosted by Fiona Wylie out of Port Macq.

Consistently great content every year and has been since before her time when there was an afternoon shift 2 - 4pm and Drive 4 - 6pm.

1 Like

TBH I think BOG would’ve been best cutting Talkin’ Sport 3-6pm and either have an evening talk show 6-8pm, or just extend Graeme Gilbert from 6pm-midnight (yes I just said that).

It would be better than two back to back live sports shows.

2 Likes

Besides, seeing the dismal numbers for 2UE should be convincing enough that sport talk isn’t a goer in Sydney.

Unless Bill thinks 2UE is suffering because of his drive offering?

The only things that suffers under Bill are his staff and listeners, not his competitors :smile:

1 Like

It use to be 3pm to 7pm then 7pm to 8pm for Sportsday Central. I prefer Talkin’ Sport.

1 Like

2TM is looking for a new breakfast announcer:

Who has left, why and how long were they in the role?

2 Likes

David Lane, don’t know and he was in the position since January 2018

1 Like

Talkin’ Sport have closed their old Facebook page & have launched a new one.

It was called 2SM Talkin’ Sport & is now called Super Network Talkin’ Sport:

2 Likes