Super Radio Network

You can thank Telstra for us been off the air, as soon as we went to backup, I rang Telstra and tried to get it fixed, but apparently it is a issue with the exchange that still as I write this comment is yet to be fixed… We are currently using our OB Tieline this morning to get us back on air.

As for the backup tape, it is a 60min CD that we have not had the chance to update yet… But after going all night playing the same music over and over again this is going to be updated as soon as we get a chance…

Unfortunately the tape was made long before any of the 4WK services were Stereo hence why it still mentions 1359… The new CD will be Stereo and I will make sure of it hehe :wink:

5 Likes

Great effort @gordo92 on a work around for breakfast and morning where the most revenue is generated.

Unbeknown, briefly turned onto 95.5 this morning, Laws there as always, couldn’t notice the difference.

This shows the benefit of having an engineer posted at a station, they’re handy to react when needed.

Radio is all about continuity and consistency, paying for engineering is what assures this.

Oh, it played all night? I can imagine G.Gilbert received a few calls from the grannies of the Downs!

Yes, I’m sure there will be a new backup CD, another item to do in unpaid overtime.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info mate, I thought the music content was a bit greater than normal

Do us a favour though and drop the Sheena Easton from the next backup CD please - hearing it once was bad enough, had to turn off when it came on the second time :rofl:

Hope you get back up and running normally sometime soon :+1:

3 Likes

Indeed :slight_smile:

1 Like

We voice track Saturday mornings as there is no budget to do it live. It used to be local VT until 4pm but a “push” to go all Newcastle VT weekends was “negotiated”. Stupid thing is we could locally voice track Simian 24/7 outside of KTM and K&J and avoid satellite FUs etc and sound fantastically local at no $$$ expense. We have Simian down pat to time to top of hour for news and “Play Hooks” promo at TOH. I am very proud of what we do but frustrated by what we could do. Yes 2GF outside of breakfast is all network but at the end of the day it is the owner’s train set.

5 Likes

Hey Paul thanks for the replies. Totally understand it’s the owners choice what to put on the air. But I can safely say hand on heart, that anything coming out of Prince St is of decent industry standard radio. Even though it was voicetracked it was still better than SCA from Coffs (and Poppy :stuck_out_tongue: ) . I noticed the rain wasn’t too favourable to the satellite Sunday arvo driving home.
How does the severe storm warnings get injected into the system? Heard them coming thru Sunday arvo too.

3 Likes

funny you say that. Was talking to a mate the other night who uses Audiovault still, and his comment was “at least it’s not that piece of crap Simian.”

I’ve never used Simian but it looked perfectly fine when I saw it in action from afar.

So it’s obvious some people just have their preferences.

They are sounding very advertorial on the Super Radio Network right now.

They have been flogging a specific pain relief gel for the last 5 minutes, saying how good it is and even suggesting that listeners should buy gift packs for their friends. They sounded like a Talking Lifestyle V2.0

3 Likes

Gilbert does this often. Wait for the insect repellent one.

3 Likes

Does it come from…India? :rofl:

6 Likes

That’s good value for money. Book a live read and get a 5 minute mini infomercial.

2 Likes

Some imaging for 1047 recorded on Tuesday night. Warning - the signal into Brisbane is very poor and it is sandwiched between a couple of strong stations.

3 Likes

It’s Official, Fun Super Digital No Longer plays any 60’s Music since it’s no longer Advertiser Attractive.

1 Like

How is it “official”?

Do they have a new positioner to that effect?

1 Like

Fun hasn’t played any 60s music for the last couple of years.

3 Likes

Passed through Tamworth earlier this afternoon and 92.9 were live and local from Scully Park for the “Buy A Bale” Farmer Support concert.

Well done to them!

2 Likes

Another observation about the news bulletins on the FM network.

What I thought may have presenters stumbling over their words - today it sounded more like audio drop outs and/or audio coding issues. It would happen several times during the short updates.

Has anyone else thought this too?

They are generic. I send an email to the studio with a certain subject heading. All the 30 sec weathers on 2GF are renamed using a BAT file and the generic Storm Warning overwrites those files. We cancel the same way and the old files are renamed back to their original. FM is similar overwriting the 30 second pointers. After 90 minutes those files are restored to the original content. Therefore if I am at the pub and we get a storm alert we just send an email to the studio using a phone. Takes 15 seconds.

4 Likes

Well done @Paul_Covo_Covington, that’s 15 more seconds than many other stations and networks sadly devote to such coverage.

This is what radio should be all about, be it a national event in a town such as the Buy a Bale concert or being immediate with storm updates, radio is immediacy.

3 Likes

That’s great! Thanks Paul :+1: appreciate your posts again as always

3 Likes