Super Radio Network

2LM and ZZZ were simulcasting and live all night. They usually are during floods - one thing they do well.

4 Likes

Great to hear, this is what radio should be.

Was Neil Marks on air during this or involved in disaster management with the council?

The Grenfell translator for their FM 93.9 Young station is on 99.5.

ACMA docs list it as 25 watts, yet can be received in Cowra as clearly as 100.7 (Cowra based AM station translator).

Why do ACMA allow Caralis to run these translators so much over spec?

The RADCOM database suggests that 99.5 is effectively an SFN for Roccy FM, operating on 99.5 in both:

• Cowra - at 50 watts from Bellevue Hill Lookout
  • Grenfell - at 25 watts from 34 Weddin St

Thanks, was not included in their explanatory paper or anything since of similar docs from ACMA.

I was up in Scone yesterday watching my nephew play football, & while sitting in the car watching, I scanned the Super Network AM stations.

I had a nice surprise with some & congratulate them, it’s a nice change from the shit we get in the city from all networks.

It used to be good to get out in the country & sample the different stations, now unfortunately most are just the same network shit as in the cities.

I spent most of the football game listening to 2TM who had fantastic Classic Hits playing (live & local)
2HD had talkback
2NZ had talkback I think, (reception wasn’t great & I caught it just before the news)
2MO had talkback
2PK I think had talkback (reception was almost non existent)
2DU had Classic Hits
2AD had The Best Songs Of All Time
2MG had Super '60’s Music

A big 5 stars to 2MG, 2AD, 2DU & 2TM for the music, fantastic, all the music on each of those stations was different too, it wasn’t a network shared log.

2 Likes

Don’t get too excited. I think it was only local on 2DU due to not outside broadcast. Otherwise they are usually networked at that time according to their website.

That’s good to hear, assuming that was in the afternoon?

You did well to pick up all of those stations in Scone too.

Interesting that 2TM chose to play “Classic Hits” … I remember back in the 80s most of their playlist was country music. I thought with any opportunity to run a music shift locally they would have included some country songs.

No morning about 9:30am - midday I was listening.

The new Breaky girl was on, she said she starts on Monday morning & 2TM Breakfast would be live & local, & another woman was on afternoons live & local.

Was 2TM Breakfast networked?

I was in Ballina for most of yesterday and had to put up with Poppy and her weird bunch of regular callers on 2LM and Radio 97. Just awful awful stuff. Nice to see some super radio stations playing music :+1:

2 Likes

You didn’t have to - Paradise FM 101.9 is a pick community station.

Fills the music gap, is on FM, sounds professional and music scheduling is well organised.

3 Likes

4WK’s FM translator is now on air in Toowoomba on 95.5. The Chronicle notice mentions that testing starts on the 10th but myself another DXer have both heard it on air today and yesterday.

https://www.thechronicle.com.au/classifieds/ad/2742629/

How long does 1359AM have?

2 Likes

Receiving it now in stereo (some mixing with TAB from Bundaberg).

2 Likes

Damn, I just missed this. I checked 95.5 whilst driving through Toowoomba last Tuesday; there was nothing on then.

I believe it went to air on Thursday as that was the first anyone had managed to pick it up. Unlucky indeed @dxnerd

The PooperNetwork are advertising for broadcast technician roles- anyone interested? I heard this on New 104.7 Grafton today. Speaking of said station, their local music mix was pretty good; I heard The Badloves- “Lost” and Icehouse- “Electric Blue” in quick succession today, along with some other less obvious songs like “Who’s Gonna Save Us” by The Living End.

I heard that ad on the same station while in the licence area back in March! Are they having trouble filling those vacancies?

New 104.7?

Is that how it’s branded now?

When I was up that way last month, it still seemed to be “FM1047” (ie. no point in the frequency).

The station has been branded on-air as “New 104.7” since Late 2015, if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like