Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Tuesday -

3 Likes

I watched it live at the time and a replay again. So how about not assuming something next time? Cheers.

Poor Tracey, she is going to miss out on Gold again if NinePR are spending all their time on the Sunrise Facebook page calling for Kochie to be sacked.

3 Likes

TFTV’s comment history makes it very clear he’s a far right fan of Hanson and her ilk. Let’s not engage with him running a continuous defence of her because she is absolutely complicit in the latest tragedy, and frankly so is Sunrise.

She should’ve been fired for that too.

3 Likes

Sam will be back in the studio tomorrow morning (Wednesday).

2 Likes

So you want to shut down anyone with a different opinion to you?

Your comment history clearly shows how you are a far left greeny, yet you don’t see me trying to shut down your freedom to speak and have an opinion.

You have completely proved the point I was making, for that - thank you.

4 Likes

Not really. Freedom of debate only works if both sides engage in good faith. Pauline doesn’t do that and so her spot on Sunrise is damaging to the public discourse.

If you, and a mod of this forum apparently, want to support the right for to Pauline call Muslims a disease, or Anning calling for a final solution, then you have to own the consequences of that public discourse, and by extension, the deaths of 50 innocents on Friday.

Words have consequences. It’s time for the far right to de-escalate and for Sunrise to recognise it’s role in this.

7 Likes

Sunrise won on Monday morning by +60,000.

4 Likes

I saw this photo floating around on Facebook. Not a good look.

5 Likes

So how do you explain Kochie & Hinch pointing and yelling over the top of Pauline? Had it have been two men from the right yelling down and pointing in the face of a woman of the left there would be MASS outrage. No denying that. How do you explain the mass hate that any right wing commentator gets on a daily basis and in particularly after this tragedy. It appears you just want to shut down anyone with a different opinion to you. Case in point - you wanting to shut down me, and you saying Kruger should have been sacked for having a different opinion to you. Sad.

Sunrise are free to have on whoever they want. As I said, Kochie, Hanson and Hinch agree more often than not.

Just shows how obvious it is that you’re trying to shut down other people’s opinion.

Have never supported this comment, but hey, don’t let the truth get in the way of trying to shut me down.

I have to own the fact 50 innocents were killed? The attacks on any person to the right after this tragedy, mainly for political point scoring has been astronomical and utterly disgusting.

So now Sunrise is responsible for the attack?

4 Likes

The right doesn’t get to play that card.

The right demands moderate Muslims denounce terror one minute, and then washes their hands of responsibility the next. It’s time you owned the discourse you’ve peddled.

It’s not point scoring to say “you’re guilty of this.”

1 Like

Can we please move this talk to the federal politics topic and go back to talking about Sunrise (as per the topic says)?

10 Likes

Please name ONE commentator/politician that has NOT denounced the extreme right wing attack on Friday?

If you want to continue to debate, DM me. Getting off topic and probably annoying to other members.

2 Likes

Sunrise is relevant because it’s given Pauline a platform. I’ve directly said Sunrise needs to ditch the segment.

You can’t scream “off topic” just because it’s an inconvenient truth or a political topic.

2 Likes

The topic is Sunrise. Not trying to avoid anything. I’ll continue to debate you and in DM’s. However, other members might (and are) annoyed.

3 Likes

I mean this is actually media analysis rather than the straps of Sunrise are a different shade of orange and Sunrise’s programming yesterday is worthy of discussion as long as it doesn’t steer too off course.

4 Likes

THIS is the reason I steer clear of engaging in political debates on social media. People draw conclusions and make assumptions based on nothing. I don’t have time for this but I’m angered enough to make time for you, Matlock.

Liking a comment does not equate to me supporting the views of Hanson or Anning. I supported someone who wishes to express a view that differs from yours. It is my belief that shutting down public debate on forums such as Sunrise only serves to make the likes of Anning more dangerous by forcing them to peddle hate in the shadows, away from the gaze of people who can hold them accountable.

It is possible to have a discussion on issues and persuade others to your point of view through education. There are plenty of issues I’ve changed my stance on over the years because of the persuasion of a strong argument.

The trend whereby particular racial, political, religious, cultural and social groups want to continually shout people down and take away the opportunity for others to express an opinion does my head in. Suggesting Sunrise and Hanson are complicit in the deaths of 50 innocents is beyond ridiculous. When they start advocating violence against others they should face the full force of the law. Airing opinions about immigration and being concerned about the cultural mix of Australia isn’t the reason some nut job decided to do something so horrendous.

8 Likes

Except that this hate is still peddled in the shadows and given a national platform.

When the media give uncritical airtime to this hate and rhetoric - and granted, Sunrise is not the only guilty party in this - they are absolutely complicit. You can’t light the fire and blame the wind for what comes next.

I seldom watch Sunrise but saw yesterday’s exchange in full. When has Sunrise ever provided Hanson a platform to air her views unchallenged?

6 Likes

Three clips in this article alone.

1 Like