Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Sunrise LIVE in London from 5.30am Monday 14 May for the Countdown to the Royal Wedding.

Sunrise will be the home of the Royal Wedding. The team led by Samantha Armytage and David Koch will be broadcasting all week in the lead up from various Royal locations around London, culminating at Windsor Castle for celebrations on the eve of the Big Day.

1 Like

Honestly!! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

After more than ten years of being a regular, Sunrise has dropped Prue Macsween.

6 Likes

She always seems to be on Today Extra lately. Or has she always done both? I hope she doesn’t turn up on Studio 10.

1 Like

I thought they wouldn’t have people who are on competitors shows?

1 Like

Love the new Sunrise promo

2 Likes

I’m sure they will rework it and incorporate Matt Tinney for Perth viewers

Keith Urban will perform at Brekky Central this Friday morning.

2 Likes

Anyone got caps?

Well if the promo in question is the one I had never seen before on Perth’s feed, it did not feature him. Just the regular Sunrise team including Sam Mac who had been excluded from these sorts of promotions as he would continually point out in his weather crosses.

Sunrise: Home of the Royal Wedding

LIVE from England for the Royal Wedding

Kicking off from Monday, join Kochie, Sam, Nat, Beretts and Eddy for a special week-long edition of Sunrise LIVE from England as we count down to the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

Sunrise will be broadcasting all week from various landmarks around London, culminating at Windsor Castle on the eve of the Big Day. With more cameras, more vantage points and the best locations, Sunrise will be joined each day by an unrivalled team of Royal experts and commentators, plus some special celebrity guests.

Sunrise Executive Producer, Michael Pell, said: “Seven will broadcast Australia’s most spectacular coverage of the Royal Wedding and each day begins at Sunrise. We can’t wait to bring home to our viewers all the excitement from the UK. We want Aussie expats to form a big part of our programme each day.”

“I just love a Royal Wedding and adore Meghan and Harry as a couple, so I’m super excited to be counting down to the ceremony (and party!) next week.”
Samantha Armytage

“Royal Weddings are always an incredible spectacle… the pomp, the ceremony, the history. But this one feels like a Disney movie. A love story between an American commoner who falls in love with her dashing Prince. Meghan Is this generation’s Grace Kelly.
David Koch

“This the biggest story in the world next week and we can’t wait to bring it to you live from London and Windsor.”
Natalie Barr

“Royal Weddings are an incredible spectacle and this one feels extra special… maybe because it’s on FA Cup Final day!”
Mark Beretta

“I’m beyond excited to be covering the Royal Wedding in England. Harry and Meghan are such a modern couple and we have all been captivated by their love story. The dress, the cake, the invitations – what’s not to love about a wedding!”
Edwina Bartholomew

https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/993614139435106304

3 Likes

Thursday (10.05.2018) - Friday (11.05.2018): Nat is co-hosting with Sam. Edwina Bartholomew is reading the news, in addition to entertainment.

3 Likes

Really really liking the Sam & Nat hosting situation. Don’t care if it is an NBC Today copy or not, it is a fresh change for the show I think and whenever a decision needs to be made on a permanent basis I think it is seriously worth considering.

8 Likes

Why do people assume that NBC Today were the first to have 2 females co-anchor?

Good Morning America had 2 females in the mid 2000’s Diane Sawyer and Robin Roberts, and they were permanent hosts for a few years. Not to mention our own Today show had Georgie Gardner (filling in for Karl) co-hosting with Lisa Wilkinson a few years back.

5 Likes

I think its just a recent one that made some headline (no thanks to Lauer’s behaviour and more intense interest in who would fill the seat). Still, if it works, it works.

3 Likes

True. But I’ve heard people claiming it on here before. Sometimes a little research doesn’t go astray :blush:

1 Like

The desk has been moved to the performance area this morning. I’m guessing maybe for Keith Urban to use the main area where it normally sits

4 Likes

It actually makes that area look really nice (a bit too much blue though).In fact, I think I prefer it.

4 Likes

I have to agree. They should put the desk there more often, particularly when there are big performances. I think it allows for more people outside the windows to see the performer if they are in that area where the desk normally is rather than in the actual designated performance area.

1 Like

I also recall Mel and Nat hosting Sunrise on the morning that it was announced Michael Jackson had died. So Sunrise were doing it around that time also.

4 Likes