Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

And let me remind you who it was that was saying a similar thing about him yesterday but got absolutely hammered on here for even daring to suggest such a thing…

What do you make of Pell’s response @Mitchell_Nock essentially directed at comments made by you?

2 Likes

That doesn’t make good breakfast television, so Sunrise won’t let them on.

It really does show the contrast of the show today verses Bolands time as EP.

1 Like

No comment, since other members and people have said similar things and worse particularly after the events of this morning. It’s unfair that I should get targeted. And I certainly wasn’t expecting him to read my comments, they were only for other members to read and discuss about on the forum!! I thought this was just a forum for members of the public to post their thoughts about shows without the people involved with the shows reading them. Well I’ll be more careful now.

He is a member of the public.

5 Likes

Probably a good lesson for everyone. But at the same time we shouldn’t discourage opinions.

Just because Michael Pell has mentioned reading this board we shouldn’t stop critiquing the show. That’s why we’re here.

11 Likes

Anyone can read here. It is probably read by lots of insiders. As On Air said, that shouldn’t stop people from voicing their concerns, but hopefully it does make people less likely to say stupid things.

2 Likes

Well I mean for people who aren’t connected to the television industry to discuss things.

My only question: why isn’t there glass between the set and the outside? I know that wouldn’t stop all the noise but it would at least help, surely?

You’re not my real dad

1 Like

I would guess it was a cost cutting measure, as its only a temporary setup in a marquee the time and effort to put glass in and have it correctly supported would be astronomical

5 Likes

One of the more disappointing issues facing Sunrise is its inability to respond to any criticism. Armytage attacks journalists, the show is shown up to have incorrectly informed people around medica testing - she does the same.

Time and time again, they’re letting their audience down by failing to adequately address issues and refuse to respond effectively.

If they did their job properly - as journalists - you wouldn’t have this mess.

Really disappointing for a show that is supposed to be the voice of the people and a champion of the little man.

10 Likes

Don’t worry son, I’ve said plenty of stupid things on here.

2 Likes

Agree, if there was something Sunrise used to do well, was respond quickly and appropriately to criticisms.

3 Likes

I don’t think what you said was stupid, pure opinion. And I’m completely with you, I actually have not watched Sunrise for over 5 years, most definitely needs fresh leadership with some authority towards real journalism.

I’m pretty sure Boland did a wedding too.

1 Like

None of the news sites that I saw mentioned that Sunrise were forced to recycle their 6:30 and 7:00 news breaks this morning at 7:30 and 8:00 respectively during the height of the protests. It was really noticeable, considering the finance update never normally occurs at 7:30.

2 Likes

Probably just indicates the general sameness of the news breaks that barely anyone aside from you noticed.

1 Like

Was going to say the same thing, they’re essentially always the same so doubt anyone would have noticed.

1 Like

Report on Nine Gold Coast News

3 Likes